Swaro HD vs non HD

B

bakerboy

I am sure it has been posted but how much difference is the Swarovski spotting scopes in HD versus non HD. Is the HD more for digiscoping? For the hunter who might not digiscope all that much be pleased with the non HD? Is is worth spending the extra to get the HD? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Unless digiscoping buy the non-HD. No difference when using for hunting purposes. Dad has the HD and I do not. Exact same when in the field hunting. Just a big difference in price.

littlejoe is right. more specifically the only difference between the two is the coating. the HD is more color correct than the standard scope. there is no difference in clarity, only in color accuracy. if you are not digiscoping don't waste your money.

thanks for the information. I dont know how much digiscoping I will be doing. I am just trying to find a good deal and get it bought. The way the prices on optics are going up they are almost a good investment. I quit at Cabelas a little less than a year ago and the price of the Swaro 80 HD was 2200 dollars and now it is 2800 dollars or something close to that.

I have not compared the two in the field and do have the 65mm HD STS, but it was the only option and I got an amazind deal brand new last June and only paid $1900. I have heard that the HD only makes a difference when digiscoping, but I will admit it is the color clarity that makes the biggest difference when looking for game, especially bull elk, at long distances. I'd be curious to do a real life comparison looking for game animals at 2-4 miles away in Oct/Nov.

On another note. I would purchase the 65mm over the 80mm as well. The 80 is quite a bit bigger and heavier, especially when in a backpack. I have an 80mm and have really considered selling it to go to a 65mm.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom