swans

muzz

Long Time Member
Any of you have swan tags? Been out? I got one but havent went out yet.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I am guessing you are talking about UT hunting.

Due to the sleet, I only got one or two marginal pics. This guy won't make it down. ;-)

13-1.jpg

Good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-11 AT 00:02AM (MST)[p]I've been out duckin' it- we had tons of swans moving above our spread-

-edit-Its no secret we hunt just south of Trementon, in the Public Shooting area.

Not as nice as 4 greens and 2 pins,and white, but here's 2 guys limits on ducks. (4 pins, 3 gads, 2 widgeon, hen mallard, blue teal, 3 spoons.)

39853.jpg

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Good Gosh!
Now you guys have got to eat them:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Now thats the truth.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Went out Saturday and could not find a swan that wanted to get in the boat! Headed back out again this week. Hopefully I can get into the white birds! My son wants to get one bad!! Good luck!

Oh and for the record Bobcat, if you know how to cook they are not that bad. We cooked up a pile of duck at the Fire Station a week ago and the guy's ate every bite. Even the guy's who turned their nose up at it ended up eating a whole bird!

Here is a pick of my Son with a pile of birds we shot. Being one of his 1st hunts, we shot at everything that came in. It was an awesome day!

4233duck_002.jpg

Got mine Nov. 6th out on the Bear. The last couple weeks I have been going after ducks at Ogden bay and have had quite a few flying over. I could hear them last night from the house roosting out by Howard slough as well.
29972011_swan_hunt_002.jpg

36322011_swan_hunt_001.jpg

Chad,
Me and a buddy killed our swans two weeks ago or so. They were flying thick as flys then. You should get out and get er done before things start to freeze.

Good looking bird Utah! I am going out Friday and Saturday. Can't get out before that unfortunately. Hope we can get it done!

Nice set of ducks and great looking lab, I used to train retrievers. Had a male that looked real close to that one. Still have one Lab and a Chessie.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-11 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]My Son Dustin put the smack down on his 1st swan last night! Right at the end of the day! What a great day! Special thanks to Chad at Fried Feathers!

2004d_1st_swan.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-11
>AT 11:11?AM (MST)

>
>My Son Dustin put the smack
>down on his 1st swan
>last night! Right at
>the end of the day!
> What a great day!
> Special thanks to Chad
>at Fried Feathers!
>
>
2004d_1st_swan.jpg

That is an awesome pic. Great that you used decoys. Nothing like black feet down. Perfect.

I have been out 5 or 6 times, I have had few shots at some, but still have not got one, a few of the days ago I went out. They all flew too high, I even went out with a guide last week. There were 4 others guys with tags. I don't know about you, but thats to many people with tags at one time. The few that we saw that evening, did not fly all that great for us. We had a pretty good lookin one that did fly in that one of the other tag holders got. I could have got a younger darker one, but I was not about to shoot at them. I'm hopping to go out this weekend with a different guide. I know the swan count has gone down a lot the past fews days, I think it went from 50,000 to 20,000.

Anybody been out in the marshes lately? I'm planning on making a last effort to fill the swan tag, this coming weekend. Curious as to what I should expect after this cold weather moved in. Thanks!

I wouldnt expect much, i have been out 3 times and nothing. Guess i can piss this tag away.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I went out last sunday, and got mine. It was not to bad, there were just alot of people. We had to break up the ice for over an hour, to make a spot for them to land. The duck shooting was no good, but we did see enough swans for 3 out 4 in are group to fill tags.

Got my bird lastnight out on the willard spur. They were flying non stop from 4pm till closing. Try out there if your still looking for a bird.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom