Suppressor Trust?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Considering a suppressor for my 7mm Mag and 300 Win Mag. Everything I've read says to get the trust. But, I'm confused about the benefits. What are they? Why would I get one or not?

I thought no one else could use my can unless I was present and had the trust, but I saw/heard something that made me think otherwise.

Thanks.

Having a trust usually makes the form 4 go quicker. Anyone on the trust can use the suppressor, you do not need to be present. You can add/drop individuals from the trust as you please. It's easier to do a trust with just yourself on there and add people later that way you don't need to get fingerprints and photos for all the people every time you want to purchase a suppressor.

Having a trust usually makes the form 4 go quicker. Anyone on the trust can use the suppressor, you do not need to be present. You can add/drop individuals from the trust as you please. It's easier to do a trust with just yourself on there and add people later that way you don't need to get fingerprints and photos for all the people every time you want to purchase a suppressor.
If I add someone, are they required to submit fingerprints and picture?
Thanks Orion.

Be prepared to wait a long time. Today i am at 12 months and 1 week waiting for approval for my suppressor. When i did all my paperwork through my dealer and silencer shop his wait time eas about 5 months. Crazy how that changed. Silencer shop is nice to go through. They double check everything and status of everything. Check out there website. It will explain all your questions. But the above answers are correct

I did a single shot trust. Once i get approval i am going to add one person. Its also nice if you die it will have a place to go.

Also like in wyoming we have one ATF agent. A policeman, sheriff, game warden cant ask to see your paperwork. Only the ATF agent who you will never see in hills. But not a bad idea to keep a digital copy on your phone. Heard so many rumors that you have to carry your tax stamp and blah blah

so...let me get this straight. You are stopped by a Sheriff's Deputy and he says a suppressor is illegal and you just tell him to pound sand....and he just goes away??

so...let me get this straight. You are stopped by a Sheriff's Deputy and he says a suppressor is illegal and you just tell him to pound sand....and he just goes away??

Then that sheriff clearly doesn't understand his job or rules. Maybe he is responsible for calling the ATF agent .

Now a homemade suppressor i am sure that could cause some issues.

Only once though if you take them off before purchase. You can still remove individuals before a purchase so you only have to do your fingerprints and photos and then put them back on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom