Super Hunt Tag 2024

Howler

Is there any members here that have drawn a super hunt tag for elk in the past? Heck, I’ll take advice from anyone, regardless of whether you’ve had a super tag. Feel free to PM me if you’d rather. I’m just looking for a little advice. What you feel you did right. What you feel you would do different? Focus on archery, muzzleloader, or rifle? All the above? Guide or DIY? Shoot the first good bull or hunt the rest of the year looking for the biggest bull in the state and enjoy every day in the field, regardless of whether you harvest or not? Just some advice. I’m pretty sure I know the units to focus on. Thank You in advance.

The best advice I can give is just, don't try and make more out of it than what it really is. If you're lucky and have decent familiarity with one of the better LE units, I'd focus there. You don't have anything going for you that any other LE tagholder has, or the other 12 SH tag holders. You will get a chance to hunt late, if you don't tag out early, but that's it.

Clearly there's a few well known S and SW units that seem to be where the biggest bulls come from, but it's still hunting and not harvesting.

Is there any members here that have drawn a super hunt tag for elk in the past? Heck, I’ll take advice from anyone, regardless of whether you’ve had a super tag. Feel free to PM me if you’d rather. I’m just looking for a little advice. What you feel you did right. What you feel you would do different? Focus on archery, muzzleloader, or rifle? All the above? Guide or DIY? Shoot the first good bull or hunt the rest of the year looking for the biggest bull in the state and enjoy every day in the field, regardless of whether you harvest or not? Just some advice. I’m pretty sure I know the units to focus on. Thank You in advance.
Watch fresh tracks episode of the super tag hunt.

I would say enjoy the freedom of any season any unit, and don't put any pressure on yourself to shoot the biggest one out there. Harvest the one YOU want and not the one everybody expects you to, its your tag not there's. Have FUN with it. That's all I got. Good luck!

I would say if you all new what was transpiring between the Idaho fish and game and the Super Tags and Land owner tags and a handful of sportsmen and helicopters in Twinfalls area and , you would all vote to have them removed. There s a 67 page report filed with the Twin Falls Courts filed in July , could one of you talented computer guys pull it up and post it

I would say if you all new what was transpiring between the Idaho fish and game and the Super Tags and Land owner tags and a handful of sportsmen and helicopters in Twinfalls area and , you would all vote to have them removed. There s a 67 page report filed with the Twin Falls Courts filed in July , could one of you talented computer guys pull it up and post it
I'm all ears, don't know anything about it.

Whats that all about?

I would say enjoy the freedom of any season any unit, and don't put any pressure on yourself to shoot the biggest one out there. Harvest the one YOU want and not the one everybody expects you to, its your tag not there's. Have FUN with it. That's all I got. Good luck!
I like it! That’s what I’m thinking. Enjoy “the hunt” is what I typically do.

I’ve read that as far as page 16. Ran out of time for now. Good read so far. I’m not smart enough to know how to post it tho.

Post it Howler, every hunter in Idaho should read it and see how Land owner Tags and Super Tags are being abused. The tags need to go back to the public.

There are 67 pages, I could send the file to someone to post , I do not no ho
IMG_3364.jpeg
IMG_3365.jpeg
IMG_3367.jpeg
IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3365.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom