Sunburn

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I'm not one much to cry or complain and that's not the purpose of this post. I just want people to be aware of the damage the sun can do, Be careful, especially with your kids. Limit their time in the sun and use sun screen.

It's been over a week and I feel I'm getting better. The swelling has gone down a bunch, especially on my left leg. I was finally able to sleep a little last night.

I was out on my new kayak on the bay. I rolled my pants up to keep dry when I launched and then started fishing. I was out for about 4 hours and didn't even notice until that night.

My wife thought I should go to the doctor but I'm too stubborn. Besides, what could he do?

3683sunburn_002.jpg

Eel

Seal, I think you should still go to the doctor. That's worse than I ever got and I've been doing it for years.

Holy cow! That is a bad burn!! Dang Steve! Sorry to see it so bad. Yeah - keep them legs covered next time, or use some 55 SPF!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Yea, seriously, see your doc. That stuff can turn in to an infection that can cause lots of problems down the road.

Don't do this either.

Sunburn.jpg

This is ok. I would ever so gently rub lotion on this.
sunburn.jpg

Ouch Steve! That looks killer painful!!

My left calf looks, both calves actually, kinda like that all the time. It swells up every work day and there's pitted edema all the way up to my knee to go with it. Shits to get old!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Eel...Go to the Dr. and get a Tetnus shot and some meds. And don't walk around much either or in my case that was what I was told.
I got both ankles burned bad in 1998 at Bonneville Salt Flats and drove home and straight to the Drs. office.

Here is 2 pictures and I still have the faded skin from that burn on both legs.

8869img_0006.jpg

8221img_0007.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-13 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]You should go to the doctor asap. Burns are not something to mess around with. My Wife is a Nurse and she says you need to get some Silvedine ointment and antibiotics...
I can't tell if it is the picture or what but they look infected to me, kind of a green tint.

JUDAS!

PRIEST!

You can LYAO at my White Legs all you want!

How many years does it take to forget about doing that when you were a kid?

Best take care of it Eel & make a trip down to see a HOT Nurse!:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Brian, I'm glad it's not just me, but I feel bad for you.

The green stuff you see is Aloe Vera Gel. It has lidocane in it too.

OK, I'll make a doctor's appointment. I trust you guys. Thanks.

Eel

Eel, glad to see you decided to go and see the doctor as that saved me from yelling at you also. That is at least a second degree burn and can get infected very easy. Eldorado is a EMT and for him to tell you to see a doctor means you need to see a doctor.

RELH

Looks like some blisters are about to come through. That hurts just looking. Going antelope hunting here soon and just through the sunscreen in my pack, thanks for the warning

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! That is nasty!

My EMT wife is in agreement.....bad as that is, she says you should have seen a DR before you got burned!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

But did you catch any fish.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I used to have a tshirt when I was a kid that said "People in Eureka dont get sunburns....they rust". Must be the only guy in Eureka with a sunburn.....:)

Nate, you're right, I forgot about that! I have some too.

Hardway, lol. I found out that once the moss gets burned off, the skin underneath will burn.:)

Eel

Mr. Eel,
http://www.redmondclay.com/tags/burns/

If you'll PM me a mailing address I'll ship you some Redmond Clay to try on those burns. It's sold by the Redmond Salt Co. here in Central Utah as a healing agent. We've used it on some pretty serious burns over the years, very successfully. I have no connections with the company, just use there clay on burns here at our house. You add water and apply a moist covering of wet soupy clay over the burn, then keep reapplying before the moisture dries out. Keeping the clay moist is the key.

I can get some to you over night. It's definitely no substitute for a visit to your Doc but you should give it a try on a small area first to see if it won't enhance the healing process.

Worth a try?

DC

Thanks 2lumpy! Most generous of you and Nate both. Don't think I'll need it now though.

I just got home from the doctor. He said I had a sun burn, and in addition to the sun burn, an allergic reaction of some sort. When I told him I was paddling my kayak in Humboldt Bay salt water and got water on my lower legs, he said most likely some microscopic organism in the water this time of year. He's seen it before, but without the sun burn. He said it will heal itself, but it will be ugly for a month or two. Maybe put Hydrocortisone cream if I want, it may help. Think I'll stick with the lavender oil as it seems to help.

The pain is pretty much gone and it is looking a little better.

Thanks again everyone. You're the best!

Eel

Ha-Ha, tainted water in the bay. Eel before you go paddling in the bay, do not stop and pee in the water first.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom