Suggestions for 2013 Colorado Hunt

R

rugerskeetshooter

I am new to MM and would like some input on Colorado Elk Hunting for 2013. I have hunted unit 40 muzzle for both elk and mule deer, and unit 23 first riffle elk. I currently have 2 pts for elk, and 1 for muley. In unit 40, I will wait a lifetime of hunting to earn enough preference points to apply for an elk bull tag. I liked unit 23 around the sleepy cat area, but lots of people, and quality of animals was not that great. I am a DIY guy, and love the freedom of this style of hunting, I have gone on one guided hunt and didn't care for it. I believed I was only along to pull the trigger, didn't make any decisions.

So the question is, with minimal points, where else should I consider. My dad is on a Mule Deer hunt in MT right now around the Lewiston area so can't wait to hear how and what they come home with. It would be a significant amount closer to my location as I'm in Northern MN, and Colorado takes a big chunk of time out of my hunting days to drive down and back. MT would only be 12 1/2 hours from home.

Any suggestions?

Wyoming... Seriously though go with Montana and forget about Colorado. Montana has great hunting as well as opportunity to boot.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

And can even still get a tag for this year! If you pocketbook can spring for Monatana prices, that would be a good choice.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom