stuck pictures

justr_86

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-10 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]It sucks when it happens and we try not to get stuck but we have all been there. Post up some pictures of some bad places you have been stuck. I will post a few of mine tonight.
541004-24-09_0658.jpg

This one wasn't me but its pretty funny. Happened last spring in the white river. The story I got was he was reaching for his pack of cigarettes.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

This was my dad's doing, before I was even born. This is at Little Hole on the Green River and the Suburban was a clients fleet truck. The picture was taken later after the truck surfaced and its axle got caught on a rock. He actually got this up and running after a week in the river and drove it home. He drove the truck for years (after he bought it from the client :)).

6295truck.jpg

Wish I had a pic, my little brother was sluffing school one day in my dads new duramax. He was attempting to climb a hill and slid down it sideways into a tree. The best part was when he tried to lie about it and tell my dad it was hit in the parking lot. That only lasted till my dad was dialing the phone to call the cops. His face went white..... he had to fess up.

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

Someone I know here going to hunting camp and had his gal friend and 3 hunting dogs, but when he went to cross the creek the "old PU" quit on him. So he went to top of ridge to call for help which was a long walk. When he got back the creek had risen and water is where you see it. He had to carry his gal out to safe ground and the 3 dogs too. Guess he will have to buy a NEW PU now, that one is ready for the scrap pile.

5107rancheira_creek_3.jpg

Brian
345brfc.jpg

I cant find my pictures.... I have one of a jeep cherokee in the virgin river. My truck buried up to the bottom of the window on the drivers side. A coworkers truck in a wash. And my brother in laws trackhoe in the mud and all you can see is the arm and bucket sticking out of the ground.

Heres one I took yesterday of a contractor.
3868oops.jpg

D13er is winning so far though. That one looks like the biggest pain.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>
3546tractor5.jpg

>
>great post/pic, thanks for sharing
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That looks like a spray rig in the background.....LOL :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

None of these are of my "stucks..." just some I've collected over the years. I'm happy to say there is no evidence of my exploits...except missing moldings and bent parts...

3749stuck_3.jpg

1931stuck_4.jpg

9827stuck_5.jpg

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

This is a great post / thread, awesome pictures. That one with the RV's and trailers on the frozen lake is awful, probably a million bucks under water right there.

Trying to bring this thread back to life, please post more if you have them guys....we've all been there a time or two.

LBR

I actually pulled up right as that truck driver was climbing up out of the river. He was ok, so i guess it was ok to laugh. He put on one of the funniest shows i have ever seen.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-10 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-10 AT 06:57?PM (MST)

These were a few years ago. It was a really bad day.
5465trac_h.jpg

431t.jpg

Caught in a flash flood. I had another picture that was better but I cant find it
40581998_t_.jpg

Here is one of mine, its not that bad, but there was a flash flood earlyer and it left a bunch of sedement in the road, I watched as a truck in front of me went over it with no problem, but when I tryed I sank in the sand and mud, luckly there was a line of vehicals behind me and it was easy to pull me out, there was even a guy with a skid steer on a trailer so he unloaded that and cleared the way.
2484p8010026.jpg

5902p8010035.jpg

Here is a pic about 5 miles down stream from where I got stuck but about 5 hours earlyer in the day, the water is over 8 feet deep here.
8570p8010020.jpg

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-10 AT 03:56PM (MST)[p]Here's some shots around my place back 2006 when we got hit by a monster storm, the drifts reached 6-7 feet in spots crossing the road. we did not see the bare ground for 7 weeks. I got my GMC stuck with chains on plenty of times!

7585100_2212.jpg

9329100_2221.jpg

9392100_2242.jpg

4365100_2239.jpg

when you get the grader stuck with chains on YOU'RE STUCK!
8386100_2238.jpg

SUPER PULLING POWER
7077100_2243.jpg

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-10 AT 06:40PM (MST)[p]You boys make me proud i am not the only one...i will post pics when i can find em....idabowhunter i figured that was a 1J driver...but glad to have proof even 8Bers make mistakes too. I had an awesome pic of when i got stuck turning around in my truck when i first got it. Had to have the fire department come pull me out...i was pretty embaressed when they asked what i did in the military. I was a tank mechanic, on a tank recovery crew..They got a big laugh out of that

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Love these stories...I kind wish I had pics of my worst stucks, but as you all who have been there know, you don't need a camera; its all pretty vividly recorded in the innermost recesses of your brain. My worst stuck wasn't too bad, but the hike out in -10 degree weather and knee deep snow for about 16 miles is what almost killed me!! The next day with hi-lift jacks chains, boards and a lot of digging allowed me to drive away!!:) The close second took a county road loader to pull me out of the mud, not before getting covered from head to toe with the yucky slop!!:(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom