STTM comes to Kali

eelgrass

Long Time Member
to fall a big 'ol Redwood tree. When he got here he took a look and decided they were too tall for a old Utah boy. So he decided to just fall the top half:) He climbed up half way and got 'er done! Good job Bobcat!:)

2355cuttingredwood.jpg

5519_facebook_-1924086393.jpg

Nice Job Bess!! Was that a Poulan saw from Ace Hardware that you did a little handy work on??

Well!

The Top of that Tree was bigger than any of the Tree's I fell today!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-12 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]Great pic Steve!

I turned my kid loose with a saw last spring.
He had a few close calls but managed to thin things nicely.
Paul Bunyon wannabe...

001-3.jpg

Neat Pic Eel!!

HH, from the looks of that undercut, looks like your son put that tree about 180 degrees from where he wanted it. Glad he missed the house!!

I was out with a buddy looking for a nice lodgepole above town. I found a dandy, looked to be a 1 cord tree so i Parked off to the side a ways, took a good look, and put my saw to it. I could see some red in the undercut but being i had gone that far anyway, figured i'd put it on the ground. My bud was over by my rig and i hollered for him to bring the maul and a couple wedges. i no sooner come in from the back side, toward where i wanted and the tree looked like it wanted to go when i notice that the tree was cutting way too easy, it was punky so i stopped cutting and pointed at my backcut and told my friend to put a wedge in there and tap it up tight.

He looked at the tree, kinda shaky, and he looked at me but he just stood there like he didn't hear me. Again i asked or told him to put a wedge in there and tap it up tight... but he didn't move so i dropped my saw and grabbed the wedge and maul from him. By this time, the tree is starting to go even though there was still lots of hold wood left to cut. That tree fell before i got a wedge in her and the top, well, the top of that tree broke my tailgate clean off the back of my rig in the process!

My buddy didn't know if to start running or what as the look on his face was priceless! I told him that i never liked that damn tailgate anyway. What was done was done, what's a guy gonna do! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

That'd be Bad sage if you broke the TailGate & the Steering wheel off in the same day!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

No biggie on that old Chev truck Bess, It got better looking, more character, every year as another 100 or so cords would be hauled to town in it! First truck i ever bought, they don't make em like that one any more!

Talk about a bad day... Our highly paid Chief for the Volunteer Fire Dept was in a hurry one day and stayed close in to town but found only slim pickings. He looked and looked but couldn't find himself a dead or downed, legal, lodgepole. So, he picked himself out the best of the best looking trees around and promptly lost it in the falling process, fell it wrong, smack across the middle of his fairly new pickup crushing the cab and busting up all the windows. The Piss Fir Willies showed up when he called on the radio for help and to add insult to smashed up truck and super major embarrassment, they wrote him up big ol ticket for cutting down a green tree!! LMAO!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sage you are only the 2nd person I know that refers to those Forest Service clowns as Piss Fir Willies. Been in my vocabulary for years! LOL!

Nick, We got one up here ordered him up a new rig with the blue lights on top and the cage between the front and back seat. When he got his truck, he couldn't figure how the cage was gonna work as it was only a two door rig.

Another time he was flying in a helicopter to a pot garden bust and was leaning out looking down and his pistol fell out of his holster and he lost it!! He Did! He's one of the guys in our Poker Group, thank God, he's now been retired for some time!! lol

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom