strugglin at the bay

S

shawackem

First time hunter....ever, but I've been trying to fill my spike tag with even a cow out at strawberry reservoir. I've run mud creek and strawberry ridge. I've tried Indian creek and buffalo...I tried strawberry river area...all with no luck. What I have done is, I've been attacked 3 separate times by sheep dogs. What's the deal with all the livestock around strawberry on public ground?

Any pointers on where to find these mythological elk around strawberry?

Hell sake's them pyranese eat damn good...:)

you outta try one...:)

"Sometime's i drink water to suprise my liver"

Well first off, you picked arguably the toughest hunt as your first. Archery elk? And you're lookin' to "fill" your tag, Really?

Second, I'm going to have to shoot one of those dogs one of these days! The first one that bites me is going to get a clip of 9's in the boiler room. Some have come close but no bites yet.

Good luck on your hunt! You're in great elk country so you probably need to get off the roads and polish your hunting skills. Oh, and watch out for the dogs!

Zeke

I would say that all of those areas have elk in them. Venture off the roads to a spring or stream and you should be right in the thick of the elk. Find a water source away from the roads.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom