straight or angled spotter?

T

tibbs

I have a straight spotter know but I have to carry a taller tripod to make the viewing easier. Do the angled spotter's have any distortion or durabilty issues?

>No distortion or any other problems.
>Angled is the way to
>go in my opinion. fatrooster.
>

+1

As you can see people like the angled. I am not one of them. I just cannot get used to them at all. I am old fashioned I guess. +1 for the straight here.

Look thru both and make a decision. It will boil down to personal preference.

+3 on angled. Plus you can rotate it so it gives you a bunch of options depending on your situation. And no issues with distortion etc.

Angled is super versatile especially when looking up hill, but I can not get used to it myself.

Again it really is just personal preference.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER
www.elkhuntersports.com

I 100% agree with KTC and Greatwhite. I know most like them (angled) and on paper, they are more versatile. However, I owned a Swaro 20-60 angled and did not like it. I loved the glass but if I buy again it will not be angled.

If I was you, I would spend some time looking through both and draw your own conclusion. There will always be more that favor
angled, but who knows, you may be in the minority.

Thanks for the help. I will spend some time at cabelas and decide from there. Thanks again.

angled by far! my reasons are personal but when im glassing I can turn my scope sideways and rest my binos on it, tripod doesn't need to be extended all the way and im 6'5"! my brothers always moving his whole setup out of the way to glass.

Once you get used to using an angled spotting scope you will never go back to a straight model. The spotting scopes with the ability to rotate the body and eyepiece to the side are the way to go... Try it, and you'll like it!!! NJS

I like the straight, 'cause it looks cooler :) . Actually I do like the straight better, dont know why... I just do. I dont think that you can wrong either way. Just buy Swaro's, you will never regret buying the best! If youre married, just buy them and ask for forgiveness later! Dont ask permission, you will never get them!

How are the angled spotters at looking down a hill/mountain? What if I'm at the top of a mountain and trying to look down to the foothills or base? Do you guys just turn the eyepiece to the side?

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I don't even do that, but you can. you just lower the tripod a bit. even with the straight you have to do some adjusting. and I have looked down some pretty steep slopes and haven't had any issues.

Im in the straight camp to. I returned an angled, I was used to looking through a straight spotter and the angled just didn't feel natural to me.

+1 for angled.

Angled scopes are less intuitive and take longer to get used to. But my neck strain was reduced dramatically when I switched to one. The ability to rotate the eye piece is a big help.

I find it easier to find aim the straight scope at a target (when first looking for it)......

It does require some time and practice to "learn" now to point the angled spotting scope at the object you are wanting to see... but once you master it, it is so much easier to use than a straight model. NJS

Angled all the way... Even in the truck I like it a lot better. You can rotate it 90 degrees so you don't have to turn your head as far to look through it. But it does take some getting use to. Once you have it, you'll never want to go back...

CSO

It's all about the good times...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom