straight or angled eyepiece

werre300

for anyone who has tried an angled and straight spotting scope what woudl be the advantages of glassing through each for big game? I am not sure what to get?

Don't take this to the bank, but I bought the STS (straight) as I had read that it takes some time to get use to the angle and having a hard time taking the eyes from Spotter and looking to the same spot. Straight seems to work better and that is what I went with.
Actually, with the STS from Swarovski you can rotate the eye piece to something like the angle but not as drastic.

Brian

If you are using it on a window mount then you better get the strait. I like an angled spotter the best. You should just try them out and see which you like the best.

I love the angled. Killowatt is right though, it does take a little getting used too when you first get it but I feel that the benefits outweigh the the downside. An angled spotter will teach you to pick out landmarks for references therefore making you take notice of the terrain around you and your game. An angled scope is much easier on your neck when you are glassing for long periods of time. Like the straight spotter the angled will rotate allowing you to to look through the scope while you spot from your vehicle window. If you are going to be looking down a mountain while sitting on your hiney then you will need a tripod that will allow you to get the spotter lower than if you had a straight spotter but that is just a matter of buying the right tripod. Looking uphill is a dream. The angled gets my vote. Goodluck, fatrooster.

I am forced to use the angled scope. Back and neck injuries make looking thru straight glass a 'pain' in the neck. I can glass for hours w/o discomfort with the angled scope.

PRO

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom