Stop It!

BeanMan

Long Time Member
You Utards, Arizonan's, and New Mexican's have been throwing too much wind my way. It sucks trying to plant beans in a dusty field when it's gusting to 50, our plot tractor doesn't have a cab. I'm tired of it and can't take much more.*

*Only if I have to, but I won't like it.

I'd love to have a new tractor. We're planting up to 600 F2-F6 pinto accessions and each planter unit is run separately, gotta have lots of communication with each other so a cab is out of the question.

I feel your pain BeanO. Finally winding down here. Been trying to put hay up in 30mph winds with 50 mph gusts. It SUCKS! Now it's going to get cold.

"Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 25 mph becoming north northeast 6 to 11 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph."

But as they say in the farming business - it'll be better next year.

Formerly known as RUS

tuff in up, great grand father did the same thing, and he didn't have a tractor , much less a cab???? {and no cold beer at the end of the day)

[

[

elkun, your great grandfather planted beans and put up hay in the wind without a tractor, and drank his beer warm in the morning?? Now that's impressive.

>no my grandfather made whiskey in
>Kentucky.!!
>
>
>

That's why he could do it all without a tractor. Them dudes was tough!

Zeke

Tougher then me. Done planting for the season as of this morning. Now, on to second cutting of hay in a week.

Just finished the 1st tonight. About 45 days & we'll do it all again. Good luck BeanO may the wind be at your back

Formerly known as RUS

Fred,

Cant believe you didn't blame TX as well.

We aint had the first hay cutting here.

Supposed to rain this week.

Lar

At least you got some hay to cut.
Was in Co (Cortez)last week getting a load of hay for the hay burners.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

laro,

I'd have been happy to blame Texicans for it. But, they come from south of here. The wind was from the west and southwest.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom