Stone Sheep Hunt

B

bullgetter

I have been looking into a Stone Sheep hunt in B.C. Currently I am interested in booking with Kawdy, Big Nine, Gundahoo, and Canadian Mountain outfiiters. Any comments or suggestions about these outfitters?

I'd look into Lancaster. I hunted the Yukon in an area known for dark Fannin's. I took a nice ram 36x37 on the 10th day. Best looking Stone ram I have seen. I'm biased a bit I suppose. Had almost a cream or blond neck leading into dark tan body. I have yet to see another Stone ram like it. I was very satisfied with the hunt. Stone numbers are not great, most I considered Dall sheep. In 10 days I saw 2 rams with good color. I took the 3rd with color.

Bullgetter,
Those are some great choices. I don't have any personal experience with any of them but if it were me I'd be leaning towards Gundahoo & Kawdy.
I did have a friend hunt this year with Canadian Mt. & he wasn't very happy.
Good luck.
High5

You've already named some of the best in the business. My research led me to book with the Bradford's to complete (hopefully) my Grand Slam. I'm in for '07.

I'll second the Bradford and Co. recommendation. I hunted with them in'98, and killed a beauty of a ram. Best of luck to you in '07, Ramdreamer.

Hunted moose/goat with the Lancaster's this year and was fortunate enough to see the 43" and 40" monster Stone's they shot this year. Send me a e-mail and I can e-mail the pictures of those rams and the others I took pictures of. I have also heard that Dale Drinkhall runs a great operation and a good friend of mine shot a 38" ram with him this year.

I TOO AM LOOKING FOR A STONE HUNT FOR 2007 OR 2008. I HAVE TO THINK THAT THE WAITING LIST ARE SOMEWHAT SHORTER THAN FOR DALL HUNTS, OR NOT???? SOME OF THE OUTFITTERS & GUIDES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE TOP NOTCH PEOPLE FOR SURE, ALSO CONSIDERING A COUPLE OF OTHERS. ARE THE PRICE TAGS FOR A GOOD STONE SHEEP HUNT IN THE 18K RANGE OR A BIT HIGHER, ANY OTHER VARIBLES COME INTO PLAY/ ANY INFO. IS APPRICIATED/ FIRST TIME STONE GUY. A LOT OF YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN THERE,I NEED TO BE SCHOOLED. THANKS, YD.

The prices for the top-end Stone oufitters are now in the $22,500-$25,000 range. A guy I know who went in August of this year said his was $27,000 but I do not recall who he went with.

As badly as I want a big stone, I'm thinking of another white ram adventure or altay Ibex in Mongolia.

RAMSLAM, THIS BUDDY OF MINE GAVE ME THE FEVER WITH HIS LIFESIZE STONE MOUNT/STORIES IN B.C. ONCE THAT HAPPENED, I JUST FEEL I GOTTA GO. THAT DALL HUNT ALSO GOT ME FIRED UP, AS MY DAUGHTER SAID " YA CANT TAKE THE $$$ WITH YOU ". AND I SAY I'VE NEVER SEEN A HURST PULLING A U-HAUL. I NEED TO GO, YD.

Yukondall -

I'd be willing to help you out with any information or questions you have with regards different areas in BC for stones.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom