Stinkystomper-This could be yours!

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Imagine the implications when this printer is affordable for each of us to own.

Here's few that come to mind.

No more trips to the plumbing supply warehouse. Need a new valve, call the model up off the internet-print yourself a new valve.

Need a few board heads-print'em up.

Bust the stock our your 30.06, print one out. How about a new trigger or maybe a bolt?

Need a new bit for your horse's bridle-no problem, send it to the printer. If he still won't move, print yourself a pair of spurs.

Your eye glasses break in half, take out the lenses of the busted frames while your waiting on the printer.

Blow a wheel barring on the Henry's, fire up the generator and plug in the printer.

Twenty years from now I betting this will change our lives like few things I can think of have. I heard a press release about 10 years ago that they were working on a 3D printer they could load up with various human tissue cells and print body organs, I just blew it off, maybe not, this is getting pretty interesting.

I think I'm going to see if this outfit sells stock!

A great time to be alive!

Stinky-you need to buy one of these and let me keep it any my house.

DC

Imagine the implications when this printer is affordable for each of us to own.

Here's few that come to mind.

No more trips to the plumbing supply warehouse. Need a new valve, call the model up off the internet-print yourself a new valve.

Need a few board heads-print'em up.

Bust the stock our your 30.06, print one out. How about a new trigger or maybe a bolt?

Need a new bit for your horse's bridle-no problem, send it to the printer. If he still won't move, print yourself a pair of spurs.

Your eye glasses break in half, take out the lenses of the busted frames while your waiting on the printer.

Blow a wheel barring on the Henry's, fire up the generator and plug in the printer.

Twenty years from now I betting this will change our lives like few things I can think of have. I heard a press release about 10 years ago that they were working on a 3D printer they could load up with various human tissue cells and print body organs, I just blew it off, maybe not, this is getting pretty interesting.

I think I'm going to see if this outfit sells stock!

A great time to be alive!

Stinky-you need to buy one of these and let me keep it any my house.

DC

How about a bigger set for the old lady? Or just print a new one without a vioce box!

hornkiller.jpg

I just had an prototype of a product that I've invented printed just like on the video. There are several different processes, or machines that do this. You can get hard to soft plastics, like a rubber material. Really helps you to know what your product will look like. It is pretty expensive though. Pretty neat stuff.

I just had an prototype of a product that I've invented printed just like on the video. There are several different processes, or machines that do this. You can get hard to soft plastics, like a rubber material. Really helps you to know what your product will look like. It is pretty expensive though. Pretty neat stuff.

Amazing, especially when you get materials as tough as steel to work. How fast will competition/innovation take to get the price down to 2 or 3 thousand per system?

DC

Amazing, especially when you get materials as tough as steel to work. How fast will competition/innovation take to get the price down to 2 or 3 thousand per system?

DC

We were working on a project really close to that at lockheed martin when I worked there. It was kinda like the puddle a welder makes when he's welding except that you keep going over the previous puddle and you gradually build up whatever you want to make. The ida was to be able to put an f16 in a tank and make any repairs needed without welding or bolting together any parts. We could make an entire scaled f16 wind with fuel tanks and all and it was all one piece of metal. They wanted to be able to bring a plane in from the field with holes shot in it and fix it better than new. On a down scaled version it worked great its just that they hadn't upscaled it to fit an actual plane in it when I was there. However, we didn't have the capability of putting moving parts into it at the time. I was amazed with that sort of technology and that utube vidoe is even cooler.

We were working on a project really close to that at lockheed martin when I worked there. It was kinda like the puddle a welder makes when he's welding except that you keep going over the previous puddle and you gradually build up whatever you want to make. The ida was to be able to put an f16 in a tank and make any repairs needed without welding or bolting together any parts. We could make an entire scaled f16 wind with fuel tanks and all and it was all one piece of metal. They wanted to be able to bring a plane in from the field with holes shot in it and fix it better than new. On a down scaled version it worked great its just that they hadn't upscaled it to fit an actual plane in it when I was there. However, we didn't have the capability of putting moving parts into it at the time. I was amazed with that sort of technology and that utube vidoe is even cooler.

What a world we live in. Imagine what the patent laws are going to go through when these are affordable for every home owner. Buy one of anything and every body in the neighborhood cranks one out for themselves. Wahoo. I want to be here in 50 years to see all the fun.

DC

What a world we live in. Imagine what the patent laws are going to go through when these are affordable for every home owner. Buy one of anything and every body in the neighborhood cranks one out for themselves. Wahoo. I want to be here in 50 years to see all the fun.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom