Stinking Dang Diesels

C

ClorideRUS

Nothing I hate more than the obnoxious rattle of a diesel or the stink when some hero pulls up to the side of you at the stop light and punches the piece of crap and blows about 10lbs of carbon outta his or her 4" exhaust, all the while going from zero to 60 in about 1.6 hours. I guess it makes your boobs or thinger bigger if you annoy everyone around you. Most of the jacked up Ford F350?s & Dodge Cummin?s never see a dirt road, at least in my neck of the woods. Apologizes to BCB, I know the mighty diesel is his only defense against the evil Geo Metro.

This guy has a good idea if you have the time to read the whole thing.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/120/motorhead-messiah.html

RUS

To each his own I guess. Mines stock height though, and it pulls a trailer(s).

I can't stand the boom-boom cars or the wannabe drifters...I suppose they can't stand me...

When we do meet at a stop light, if they're sharing their music into the cab of my truck, I feel it's only neighborly to share a little of my carbon foot print into theirs...

I have to admit, I'm seriously looking at the GMC DURAMAX with the Allison tranny! It's the tuned & chipped Dodges & Fords that really make me nuts. By the way, the boom-boom low riders are fair game as far as I'm concerned. No habl'e espanol'e anyway .... obviously!!

RUS

Rus;
I have a 7.3 Ford F250 and it has a power chip and 3.5 inch exhaust, but you will not see any black smoke coming out of it when I punch it or while pulling a trailor uphill.

RELH

Holy crap, i was going to start this exact post last night!

If i read RUS's post right, i think he's complaining about these GD kids with these big arse trucks and how they are driving them around town these days.

Just last night (and i see it every freakin day now!) this dip shiz kid in a big Dodge with about a freakin 10" pipe coming UP THROUGH his bed and above his cab, was romping on it at every light just too make smoke and piss people off.
Then he would go really slow and purposely back up traffic and then romp on it again!!

I sure wish i had 50K to blow on a new rig and eff it up just to look "kool" driving around state street!!

It is getting rediculous in Utah County with these idiot's!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

MMMmmmMMmmmm Duramax....
I'm with ya RUS...
Even though some people say I can't get pissed at hardley anything these days, the stink-bucket fossel-fuelers belching black crapp jus' to blow black crapp gets MY goat too... 'an a couple of my chickens.
You CAN have performance without obnoxion (new word!!).
I would lump those "Richard Heads" with their coaldust bealchers in the same class as the rice-rocket with a fart-can, or the Tahoe with caddy badges, 22" wheels 'an slammed, thumper vibrating the fillings outta my teeth!!

At $3.60 a gal and climbing, I think you will start to see a drop in the "Kids" driving these types of vehicles.

-DallanC

Well I love my 07 F350 6.0. I am running a Super Chips programmer and the Edge Juice with Attitude and Banks 4" exhaust, 4:56 gears, running 35's. I love it. This thing pulls a load like no other. Yes and from time to time I will hit number 5 on my Edge programer and dump a bunch of fuel and blow a very large smoke cloud into the window of a Prius or some rice burning thumper. I love smoking Ricers.

I guess it all about the Small Thingie..........LMAO

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Cloride, where you camping next year, want to pull my truck into your camp so that I can get your evaluation of it! Where do you hunt, in downtown LA.

Ha ha, this is a funny post. My truck will dump all the black smoke I want if I romp on it. I'm not a jerk that blows black smoke everywhere though. But I do crank it up every now and then. I only use it when I am getting tailgated or when a bicyclist thinks its funny to drive down the middle of the road. I have been tailgated a few times so close that at night I will punch it and lose sight of their headlights because of the smoke. It's usually some punk kid in a hurry on his cell phone.

Obviously, I'm way outta the loop. I slink around in my ?05? GMC extended cab equipped with all the bells & whistles. On Star, leather, seat warmers, XM radio etc. I'm always listening to mood music like the Carpenters, Abba, Willy & the Bee Gee?s. Sometimes when I'm feeling wild I'll through in an OZZY or a hair band like Def Leppard or Poison!

Just wait, one of these days you carbon belching, engine whining, stinky truck driving hero?s will mellow out as well! <smile>

RUS

0-60 in 1.5 hours? WTF? Maybe you shouldnt be so cheap next time you buy a truck and go for the diesel option. Maybe you are used to racing combines where you live, my 07 cummins would blow the friggin doors off your gasser cheby.

Rus;
So you bought the optional seat warmer. My son did also in his 06 Ford F250. My wife commented that "only our son would buy a truck to keep his farts warm". Now I can tell her that he is not the only one.
See what happens when you marry a farm girl, very up front and to the point.

RELH

RELH, never really had a problem keeping the toots warm ... they seem to come out that way. Now the optional odor eaters was the real luxury!

RUS

Well, I am the last hold out in my family.....everybody has a diesel of some kind except me. I'll never make another truck payment, especially on anything that makes that much NOISE and smells so bad! Hell, I had all that with my second mother in law!

I have a 15 year old Dodge Ram and a 15 year old Suburban. Both 4X4 and still adequate. I can take a lot of hunting trips on the money I don't fork out for truck payments!

I have bought 2 brand new houses in Ca for less than a new Ford 3/4 ton 4X4, crew cab diesel.( Southern Ca, by the way, it wasn't yesterday, but still.........)

Had an '02 Ford 7.3 Liter Diesel and just bought an '07 Duramax. I have owned gas trucks in the past but will never own another one. Mine aren't loud and they don't blow any black. This new Duramax will smoke the tires any time. Quick and tons of power!!!

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

you gotta be proud of 13.5 MPG....beats the shattner out 3 mpg

4735979e1c83a462.jpg

I have 80000 miles on my f-250 diesel and I will have 280000 miles on her before she dies. They are pretty quiet now and don't blow much smoke unless you mod them. Biggest deal is I used to always get rid of my gassers by 70000 miles but now I have a truck that will pull anything, is fast, gets 13mpg towing my boat and it is all paid for! Amazing how much fuel you can afford if you have no truck payment.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom