Steiner binos

carterj16

I posted a question earlier about swarovskis and having permission to get a pair this yr. right now sportsmans has a pair of Steiner Peregrine XP Binoculars(10x44)on sale for 720, they are sellign them at cabelas for around 1700. they were not as nice as the swarovision but the price is hard to beat and the money saved could go to a spotter. any use with the steiners and their wear and tear? do you like the steiners or wish you paid more for the swaros, thanks

Not sure if the old steiner glass is as good as the new??

However, my old steiners are better than my Nikon Monarchs but not near the as good as my SLC's.

If you are happy with them, get them. If you want better get the Swaro's. I would rate my steiners a little better than average...

I used a demo 10x44 Peregrine XP a couple years ago when they first came out. I found them to be a very nice binocular. The open-hinge design is comfortable and lightweight. If I remember correctly, they did not have lockabe diopter adjustment, which I find very annoying in high-priced binoculars.

If they are truly $720, they are probably used. The Outdoorsmans has them listed new for $1630.

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

Carter I WISH I had all the money I spent on other Binos before I got my Swaroski's.
I had Steiners,Nikon,Bushell,Windrivers,Docter,Pentax I have had a bunch of them that cost a few dollars. The Swaroski's have out shined them all hands down. Keep your money until you can just get that one pair swaroski's and you will never look back.. I have had a friend buy the 1st good set 15X56 from Basspro in Springfiled at there Bargin type cave(used for 3 weeks and returned got them for $1200) and I brought my second swaroski 8x30 in KS at Cabelas Bargin Cave for $500. Best money I have spent.
My buddy tells me every year he would buy those 15x56 back if I would like to sell them.I like them to much on that tripod to part with them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Carter I WISH I had all
>the money I spent on
>other Binos before I got
>my Swaroski's.
>

Ditto!! I'm a working man and money is hard earned but when it comes to glass, Swarovski is worth every penny. You will never regret an investment into a pair of Swaro's! I only wish I had the money to buy them before I purchased all the other inferior pairs throughout the years.

bought the new swarovision 10x42, the best part is, they are so nice that the deer have a red outline around them when i find them, the binos pick up the body heat off the deer and high light them for me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom