Steens Wilderness Adventures

I know nothing of the outfitter but my question would be is there a reason you want to go in Oregon? I can think of many hunts elk I'd rather do in better hunting states if I'm going to go with an outfitter.

The country they hunt is probably the next best thing to going with an outfitter on private land if Oregon is where you want to hunt.

I see, I don't blame you.

If you want a wilderness type hunt that's not a bad one, pretty country and rugged. if you want a higher quality bull your chances will be much better on big blocks of private land, there are a few outfitters in the central-east central part of the state with good ranches tied up. it just depends on what you're looking for in a hunt, and how much you want to pay, the price for average private land hunts probably is about the same but it will be quite a bit more for the best ones.

The thing to remember in Oregon is 90% of it is over hunted, getting away from the roads can help but private land is the only real refuge for animals to get some age on a regular basis.

If you want to hunt that general area and want to get a 300+ bull contact Blue Mountain Adventures. Great guys and they do a heck of a jog from what I hear! Last year I heard they were on a 370+ bull but couldn't connect or the guy couldn't shoot worth a darn...you would need to ask about it!

Anyways Oregon is a GREAT place to hunt and there are lots of great area's and Blue Mountain Adventures will treat you right and get you into animals, no question about it!

muleyman

Oregon being great a matter of opinion, as someone who hunts out of state every year I disagree.

Back
Top Bottom