Steelhead fishing

R

Razaboo

I am heading to Oregon, Salem and Lincoln City area, during the first week of March, and was wondering if anybody on here has any ideas about steelheading or other fishing opportunities in that area? I have two daughters that are fishing fanatics, but living in Montana there isn't much chance at a steelhead.

Thanks in advance.

Stan

DIY Bank fishing or a Boat with a guide?

i suppose you could rent a boat and Diy but probably cheaper and easier to go with a guide.

Several choices west of Salem and Corvallis. I would seriously consider going with a guide on one of the days though if possible. Otherwise there is decent access on rivers like the Alsea and Siletz as well as others.

Jazz

Unfortunately I don't have the resources for a guide or a boat. So it will be bank fishing and DIY.

Thanks for the input.

Stan

I would check the ODFW fishing report, or call a local ODFW local office to see where fishing might be good. Like any river on the Oregon coast a good rain storm can blow out the river in a short amount of time. During March this is less likley than what it is now.

I hear the steelie's are coming up the Rogue by the thousands right now, started off real slow, but this rain has helped out a lot. But when the bites on, it's ON.

Well only a few days left before our trip to Oregon. Thanks to those who posted replies, and a last ditch effort to get any current info.

We will be in Salem on Tuesday to Thursday so if anyone has anything they would like to add I would appreciate it.

Stan

Call the sporting goods stores and ask around. Some of those guys actually fish. Call ODFW and ask a bio what's going on? Most the fish bio guys are cool and want you catch fish. Also, I think it is the "Game and Fish" magazine that is in all markets, is a good resource. Good luck.

HK

Back
Top Bottom