Stay Away From My Dog!

BeanMan

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-08 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]Yesterday before the Superbowl I went for a run in the snow on BLM next to the house. Sparkey always runs with me, looking for rabbits and any rodent he can find. I try to keep close tabs on him and he has bells on his collar so I can listen to where he is at when i can't see him. About mid point in my run I noticed a good sized coyote skulking in the pinions about 100 yards away. I swung around to look for Spark and noticed he was locked in on another coyote which seemed to be trying to get him to chase him into the area where the big one was. That just won't do. Won't stand for it.

Today I left work early enough to sneek into the same place and do a little calling. Only one little one came in but he won't be bugging Sparkey in the future. I used my 06 and the only rounds I had zeroed for it were 180 grain partitions. They don't work if you want to save the pelt. Bullet entered through the butthole and it appears to have exited the throat.

Coyotekiller002.jpg

BeanMan

Fred,

Damned Freaking Right. I bet you were a tad
worried on your original run.

Fred, If something happened to Sparky, I'd be there
for the service. I assure you of that. I worry about
Fletchy Wayne EVERY day. They're so independent and so
full of energy. Scares the Hell out of me sometimes.

Dang glad to hear things came out the way they did.

Fred, you need to use a little heavyer load on them
coyotes. You're gonna get in trouble one of these days.

Tell Sparky and Wifey I said HI.
Take care Fred. I dig you alot.

Larry

HEY Bean!!!

NICE SHOT!!!

BUT DO YOU ALWAYS AIM THERE???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Bessy,

Not always but at 50 yards he figured something wasn't right and turned around and looked over his shoulder with his tail up. It made for a convenient aiming point.

Beanman

Nice shot! LMAO

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

Nice shot Fred, any size bullet will work on them "dogs". I shot a yote up around rifle many years ago with my 300 Weatherby using a 180 gr, the round hit him in the left side of his neck, he was trotting off, and he made a flip in the air and never moved an inch after that. I could put my fist in the hole on the right side. I still have the pelt here in closet minus the tail. My grandaughter pulled it off when she was young. LOL

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-08 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]You know what the last thing going through that coyotes mind was??? His Ass...:)

Way to go Fred.

horsepoop.gif

a few years back i woke to yelping, come out to find two coyote's dranging my 60lb lab pup off, put an end to that real quick!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom