Starlink Rental

Chacoblue777

Hello. I’m thinking of renting a Starlink for an Alaskan moose hunt. Has anyone taken a Starlink to the tundra? Any issues with connecting there? Also, does anyone know of a hunter friendly rental service for a Starlink unit in the SLC/Utah county area?

Thanks all!

How are you planning on powering it? Also, are you aware of the overall size of them? I could be incorrectly assuming you’re flying in, but it doesn’t seem extremely practical to me.

How are you planning on powering it? Also, are you aware of the overall size of them? I could be incorrectly assuming you’re flying in, but it doesn’t seem extremely practical to me.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I am aware of their size. Would be powered by generator. Yes, some extra weight and luggage for sure. I would rather just disconnect from the world for a couple of weeks, but there would be some benefits to having it, and some peace of mind that comes with being able to connect when needed.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am aware of their size. Would be powered by generator. Yes, some extra weight and luggage for sure. I would rather just disconnect from the world for a couple of weeks, but there would be some benefits to having it, and some peace of mind that comes with being able to connect when needed.
Always have a fail safe back up plan- in case something really bad comes up, like illness or need of some serious medical assistance to save yourself or your family. It’s happened to me.
A nasty surprise. Peace of mind is really comforting!
Jerry Gold- Windsor, Colorado 😁🍀

A Zoleo works pretty good for getting texted messages out to loved ones. It's a lot more affordable then a Star link. Do you really need the internet that bad ? That's the reason I leave and go on the mountain to get away from the internet ! :)

Cost vs Benefit. What is unnecessary for one man is often extremely important to another.

Some of us have to do things for less because we don’t have the money to do more, others don’t have that limitation.

Do what makes sense to you.

Man, the beauty for me of hunting remote parts is the no cell phone internet access... Absolutely my favorite...
Yes sir. I hear ya, and agree. I prefer to be disconnected, and then off my brain as I turn off connectivity. But honestly, I have found that the worry and stress of being out of the loop, seems to build up over the days, and thought that a few minutes each night of catching up, and staying on top of work issues would actually mean I can enjoy the next day of hunting and being away even more. At some point, I look forward to being able to disappear off the grid for a couple of weeks and not letting it concern me. This is all work related, I don’t care much about connectivity other wise. I appreciate your response, and agree with you.

A Zoleo works pretty good for getting texted messages out to loved ones. It's a lot more affordable than a Star link. Do you really need the internet that bad ? That's the reason I leave and go on the mountain to get away from the internet ! :)
Will have In-Reach services to stay connected with family, and the hunting camp as needed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom