Starkey private land cow hunt

silverlake176

My wife drew the private land Starkey cow elk hunt on her second choice this year. I have spent numerous hours trying to find ranches/farmland/general private property to hunt. I thought it would be easy to find a place to hunt, but I was wrong. My online searches has not turned up anything. Just reaching out to see if anyone knows of private property she can hunt. I fully expect to have to pay for a trespass fee. Please let me know if you know of anything. Thank you!

I think the key is to find a place......before you R

I think the key is to find a place......before you applyi t

I think the key is to find a place......before you apply
I think my 7 bulls in 8 years speaks for itself on finding a place to hunt on public land. I was simply asking a question on a forum in a tag my wife drew. If you can’t respectfully reply without being a wise guy, move on.

Oregon puts a buttload of tags like this out for two reasons, the landowners can't say ODFW isn't trying and they make money. they don't give a FF if you find a place to hunt or not and it's assumed you know that.

I wouldn't buy the tag just let it go you're not out anything. but if you want to hunt it I'd contact ODFW in La Grande and ask for the names of the landowners who have the most problems and may allow you on. and don't be surprised if landowners ***** about the elk but won't let hunters on that's typical.

Oregon puts a buttload of tags like this out for two reasons, the landowners can't say ODFW isn't trying and they make money. they don't give a FF if you find a place to hunt or not and it's assumed you know that.

I wouldn't buy the tag just let it go you're not out anything. but if you want to hunt it I'd contact ODFW in La Grande and ask for the names of the landowners who have the most problems and may allow you on. and don't be surprised if landowners ***** about the elk but won't let hunters on that's typical.
Agree with you T. Good points as well.

I could be wrong, but don't think I am, in that "private" basically just means you can't hunt National Forest. Hancock ground is technically private, as is BLM. Double check the regs but that would open up some ground for you to hunt as opposed to trying to find a willing landowner. Feel free to shoot me a pm, I've hunted Starkey for over 20 years.

I could be wrong, but don't think I am, in that "private" basically just means you can't hunt National Forest. Hancock ground is technically private, as is BLM. Double check the regs but that would open up some ground for you to hunt as opposed to trying to find a willing landowner. Feel free to shoot me a pm, I've hunted Starkey for over 20 years.
Thank you CC11. I have been looking at Hancock, Green Diamond and some of the Hunter Access land that is technically private but open to public for hunting as well.

Back
Top Bottom