stallion range oryx

U

usdw

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-04 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-04 AT 12:53?PM (MST)

my brother and I drew september 11th and 12th oryx tags for stallion range
anyone that can help with advice on where to hunt,what to bring,etc. would be appreciated
we will be arriving in soccoro on sept. 10th and hope to have pictures to post the week after
http://[email protected]

While I was on my off-range hunt this month, I saw hundreds of oryx on the Stallion Range right by Bingham. That would be the northeast corner of the range, right up against the mountains. There was a huge herd, with several loners scattered around.

I hunted there in Late January 04. I agree if I were doing it again I would head to the foothills 1st thing. Get high where you can see. Besure to take proof of insurance on the pick-up. No cameras, no alcohol. Make sure you wear your orange vest at ALL TIMES----Don't even think of taking it off. Take several knives---that hide is tuff & dulls the edge quick.

I'm sure you know to take lots of water!!!

Use enough gun. I say a 30/06 is the minimum with good bullets.

We found Oryx about 15 miles from the gate on the main road. We took 1 there & then went up into the foothills & took another there. Good bulls were in both places.

It's the Indy 500 after the end of hunter orientation. We sat in the truck & took our time. Enjoy your hunt.

If you have any questions ask. I'll try my best to answer them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom