St. Peter's - NCAA

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Well...it was a helluva run for the 15-seeded Gamecocks. They made to the Elite 8 before N. Carolina ended it today. I was kind of caught up in the Cinderella aspect because St. Peter's Doug Edert is an alumnus of my HS-- Bergen Catholic.

F my bracket I know it’s hay good for them getting that far. Also wasn’t it the peacocks?
Whoops. Yes. My bad.

When Edert played at BC, they won the state championship in their division. Notre Dame's Matt Zona was his teammate. Another of their teammates -- Zach Freemantle -- is playing for Xavier in the NIT tournament. They play St. Bonaventure's in a semi tomorrow.

My college team -- Dayton -- was the NIT's #1 seed but got ambushed by St. Boney's & lost in OT by two points. They had beat Kansas during the regular season.

I think Kansas will likely prevail as the NCAA winner, but one never knows. Duke & NC are always tough & Villanova is no slouch either.

Last edited:
Duke lost.......hahaha!(y)
Felt kind bad for the grumpy old feller…… and his wife. He’s brought his boys there a lot of times………. Never have wanted Duke to win in the past, but after St. Peter’s went down, wanted this one for K.

I was channel surfing and came across the game at half time. NC was ahead by 15 and I thought it was over. I'm glad I watched it.

My mom came to CA from Kansas during the dust bowl/depression. She only went back one time to visit where she grew up.

I was channel surfing and came across the game at half time. NC was ahead by 15 and I thought it was over. I'm glad I watched it.

My mom came to CA from Kansas during the dust bowl/depression. She only went back one time to visit where she grew up.
Yup. They mentioned the half-time deficit was the largest a team had made up to win.

I had Fox on, so Steve Doocy was gloating since he's a Kansas farm boy.

One of my alma maters, U of Dayton Flyers, beat Kansas in a tournament earlier in the season. UD was in the NIT but lost by 2 pts. to St. Bonaventure's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom