Spring snow and Blues seaon SD

Gator

Long Time Member
Any one going up there or need to go up there. THE BIRDS are coming thru now.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Where at in SD, Hope you are going goose hunting. Cheap lic fees. If you are anywhere around clark county let me know.

Gator, good luck on your hunt. The late season Aleutian goose hunt ends tomorrow here on the coast. I got into them pretty good today.

Eel

Hi eel,
Just wondering what area you hunt. I was up in eureka last week and did ok,at least for us. Unfortunately I'm from the bay area and only get up once a year for the little guys. Have you been able to get these guys into the dekes?

California's speck and snow spring season was pretty good for me, as shown below.

4197goose_hunting.jpg

Simo42, I hunt a ranch out of Ferndale. We really haven't had much luck decoying Aleutians. They are super shy. A storm with a big wind helps a lot. I have the best luck sneaking on birds that are on the ground. The rancher calls me when birds land in his fields. He hates them so much, he only gives me about a half hour to get down there before he shoots his rifle over their heads to scare them off. He only called me 3 times this year. The birds are learning to avoid his place for the most part. Plus the Fish&Game bought the property next to him to provide a sanctuary for the Aleutians. The birds pretty much have it figured out.

Hey Dan, I see you got a new retreiver! Looks good man! LOL

Eel

I'm not heading back ,But my nephews are saying they are huge flocks evertwhere and if some one was to go back I was going to hook them up with some locals and some land to hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-12 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]Eel, here's a picture of 'Jax', the yellow lab I've been hunting over these days. While I often call him a dumb blond or a labradork, I'll never make the mistake of calling my new hunting partner/retriever either of those names. It just wouldn't be worth the penalty and punishment I'd suffer if I did :)

Here's Jax, the original dumb blond (He's actually not dumb at all, he's one heck of a good duck dog)
1817jax.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom