Spring is here!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I stepped outside this morning at daybreak and heard a Robin singing his mating call. It won't be long and the quail will start pairing up.

Spring is here. About time!

Are you seeing signs of Spring where you live?

Eel

Yep, The hillsides around here are turning green.Snow is melting fast and before to long it will be time to head into the high country.

horsepoop.gif

It's not spring until I eat my first handful of wild asparagus. I'm guessing that is two weeks away.

Beanman

Spring my axx ... me & Al Gore are still dealing with Global Cooling. I heard 202 was trying to take away Big Al's Nobel Prize!

RUS

grasseel,

Nice today down here, sunshine and hot too warm just perfect for a spin in the Coupe. Got it fired up and took a spin for awhile up the road and back down highway.

Brian

YUP ITS HERE!!!

WE BROKE THE HEAT BARRIER TODAY & IT GOT JUST ABOVE FREEZING!!!

NO DAMN ROBINS THOUGH!!!

OTHER THAN THE ONE TAG POSTED A PICTURE OF!!!

I DID SEE THAT BIRD!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

A buddy called me the other day and told me that he was excited because he saw the first signs of spring.

I asked him what he saw and in my mind I am thinking green grass, flowers, deer that had shed, something along those lines.

Anyway, he says that he saw 2 Indians selling their heaters at a pawn shop. Pretty damn funny!

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

I shoveled a path to my shed yesterday. There is 32" of undisturbed snow in my back yard. More snow is in the forecast this week. Sadly, I think spring is another month away.

We were looking for freshly exposed arrowheads this weekend and my Britt was chasing lizards and the mosquitos are already out. Found some elk sheds, but they are pretty ratty.

My neighbor saw the first sign of spring as well last night, it was ME singing a mating call!!! LOL ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Actually i noticed the first sign of spring about a week ago.....two mexican's taking a portable heater into a pawn shop.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I know its spring when all the snow in the back yard melts to uncover 2-3 months worth of dog crap that now needs scooping!!!!

Pretty funny stuff guys! i took a little road trip to Susanville yesterday. Yes, it's very nice to see dirt again. Here, we still got a couple feet of snow, at least, on the flats and the lake is still froze, but you can really feel spring in the air. Always glad to make it through another winter.

Thanks Eel!

If it ain't here it is close. Saw my 1st Robin yesterday, heard my 1st Pheasant crow Sat AM. I also have a yard full of dog crap....LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

It's definitely springtime. I was out both days over the weekend, watching college baseball games. Shorts, tee shirts and 72 degrees! One of the best times of the year to my way of thinking.

Heck, we even got to see a couple of those Utah baseball teams that came out here to find spring, BYU and Utah Valley State.

WELL THAT EXPLAIN THE URGE TO CLEAN THE GARAGE!!
Saw first sparrows today at work over the marsh today!!!
RM

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-08 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]On Saturday I will mow my lawn for the second time this year. Spring Break was this week, the temp is up to the 70's regularly, the turkey hunt starts soon, the girls are starting to wear short shorts and the kids are playing baseball and soccer on Saturdays. The bluebonnets and other wildflowers will be blooming in a week or two and the bass are heading for the deep water. Yes Spring is here in Texas and I think we are ready for it. It was a long winter - lasted 3 days this year.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Eelgrass;
That was not very nice of you to rub it in about the beautiful weather we are having in Northern CA. to our hunting buddies that are still freezing their butts off in snow.
We should not be telling them about the fruit trees in bloom, the wild flowers looking just beautiful. The warm high 60's low 70's days. The trout on a feeding binge in the streams & lakes. The turkeys and young jakes walking though the yard. That would just be downright cruel to tell those boys East of us.
But!!! there is a downside, the ones of us who are married, are now catching up with the wife's "Honey do this, Honey do that" spring ritual. Jenn would know about that, she probably cracks the whip on her husband every spring. The only thing I have against the state of Wyoming, they were the first to give women the right to vote and men have been going downhill every since. Don't anyone tell my wife that I said that!

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom