Spring Fling (picture heavy)

Idahoron

Very Active Member
IMG_07902.JPG

Well I had all this last week off and priority 1 was fishing. I went to the cat house on Thursday night. I woke up to a heavy layer of ice on my boat and fog like crazy. Water temp was 50 degrees.
Things started off great I got the trip best fish on the first cast. It was 31" long and 11 pounds.

IMG_07941.JPG

IMG_07954.JPG

I fished until about noon and decided I was going to head into a place I had never been able to go. I got there and even though I didn't catch a pile of fish there I was happy to be able to figure out how to get there

IMG_08042.JPG

IMG_08071.JPG

On day two of my trip the weather forecast was rain, and that came true. Even though the rain was heavy at times the fishing was good. I lasted until about noon and made my way to the truck.

IMG_08222.JPG

IMG_08281.JPG

IMG_08322.JPG

Day three was actually Monday because I took Sunday off to see my Uncle on his birthday. On Monday I again was planning to go to a place that I had never been before. It was a three hour drive up river to get there. I was not disappointed in the fish I found.

IMG_08311.JPG

IMG_08514.JPG

IMG_08542.JPG

On my way back to the truck I found another spot that I thought would be good to fish the next day. I got up early the next day and hit the water hard.

IMG_08552.JPG

IMG_08671.JPG

IMG_08764.JPG

IMG_08856.JPG

I ended up the catfish portion of the trip with 57 cats. The average size was around 28" long. I get several fish 30" and over. It was super trip.

The last day of my fishing was 3-20-15 I went sturgeon fishing.
I spent the day Thursday getting my boat ready and everything loaded. I got to the hole on Friday Morning at about 8:00 am. I was happy to see that the big girls were there to greet me. The first one was a 6 foot fish that drug me all over the place.

3-20-15_a.jpg

The second one was a foul hooked 6 foot fish hooked in the fin and was a bugger to get played out.

3-20-15_b.jpg

The third one was another 6 foot fish. None of them jumped because of the cold water but they all pulled like a team of horses.

3-20-15_e.jpg

What an awesome start to the new fishing season. Ron

Way to go Ron, I always enjoy your posts. I lived in the Tri-Cities from 1980-1999 and always enjoyed Sturgeon, Walleye and Steelhead. My biggest Steelie was 21 lbs and the biggest Sturgeon caught was 9'. I did have a 5'11" keeper once back when they were 2 fish 3'-6' slot. I'm always envious just haven't fished much in Idaho.
I'm planning a huge trip for Goldens in Wyoming this summer.

Looks like a blast. Love catching cats. Haven't fished sturgeon yet here in Idaho, and promise every year to do it; one of those bucket list things.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom