Spring Bear - Here I Come

grizzly

Long Time Member
Alright guys, I'm going for it. I am headed to Unit 32 on Thursday. I just hope the bears are out and I can get around. Hopefully the roads aren't too snowed over.

I've been watching every video I can find to learn to tell boars from sows and to pick a big boar from a juvenile. Honestly, I am terrified I will shoot a sow. I don't know how you bear guys can judge these things. Having only seen a few bears in the wild in my whole life... it will be an adventure to say the least.

I'll let you know how I do and post pics.

Thanks to everbody who has given me advice. It really is appreciated. And of course any last minute info always helps.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Best of luck to you, I will be there Saturday with my wife (we both drew) for a day trip. Please keep us posted and share your success pics. Good luck..

Don't beat yourself up if you shoot a sow. They are damn near impossible to tell apart. I've watched alot of bears sitting over bait and you get a feel for it when you can see them up close, but it's still a crap shoot.

Just hold out for a big one. Chances are you'll kill a boar if you do.

Good luck to you grizzly. Im sure someone has told you about Squaw Creek out of Sweet and Ola. I always see bears in there from the lower sagebrush country up into the pines. Theres plenty of area to glass. Try the second fork and also Sagehen Res. Up third fork is good also and you can drive over the summit to Cambridge/ Council. There is a lot of roads that access a lot of different country that you can explore. Should be a good hunt for you.

You guys are all awesome. This is why I love MM. Everybody truly wants success for everybody else and is willing to help.

Thanks for the info on sows, that actually makes me feel a lot better. And thanks HeyZeus for the tips, I will mark them on my map and see what I can find there.

One more question, does "sow with cubs" mean they have to be with her at the time you shoot?

Another way to say it... If you shot a lone bear in a meadow and got up to her and found she was lactating but the cubs were hidden in the trees and you never saw them, could you be charged with shooting a sow with cubs? I figure IDFG could tell whether she was lactating when they checked the hide.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Yes you could if she was lactating. They should check for this when you go to get the pelt tag but ive had some people that just pull a tooth and send me on my way. Just make damn sure its not a "sow with cubs". Most of the time cubs will be real close to mama so youll see em if you watch long enough.

Good luck to you! I Drew 2 years ago. Very fun hunt. I spent a lot of time in the unit. Let us know if you need any help.

Best of luck Grizz. Have fun, bear hunting is a great fun and exciting hunt. Relax and just look for a big bear and watch the bear for a few minutes if possible. Like stated the cubs will be within a very short distance of the female if she has any. In my experience, even with a big bear you will not be sure of the sex until you roll it over and look!!!

I'm wish I was head out, but I still have a month before we head to Idaho. Keep us posted and post up some success photo's.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Last year, I shot a bear, it was alone. Turns out it was a sow. This was in late October, but you could tell she had cubs last year. When I got it checked, the gal told me she definitely did have cubs, but they were probably old enough to make it on their own. She didn't seem concerned at all about it.

I thought it was a boar from the moment I saw her until I turned her over. And I was kind of concerned about it, having never killed a bear before, but everything went smoothly. I'm pretty sure the only way you would get in trouble for shooting a "sow with cubs" is if someone witnesses/has video evidence of you shooting a sow with cubs obviously visible. Who's to say you didn't watch the bear for an hour or more with out seeing the cubs? What's a reasonable amount of time that proves there are no cubs? I don't think you will have any trouble at all. Don't even worry about it, just go and have fun. Shoot the bear if it looks good to you, if its not big enough to make you happy, shoot a bigger one next time.

Also, how can a guy named "Grizzly" not have any (or very little) bear experience?

Good luck Griz, you are in for a good hunt! If you have time to go back, don't shoot the first bear you see. In the past, I've seen much more bear and bigger bear on the third week in 32. I've had the bear tag once and made a mistake by shooting too early. We have hunted turkey in there in the past and every year that third week it seems like all the bears are constantly on the move. This year could be different with the lack of snow though too so you never know.

The weather is great today, hope you are able to make it in time to glass the evening until it goes to hell tomorrow...

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he
would have made broccoli more fun to
shoot...

I was up in that area for turkeys. No turkeys. Saw very fresh bear tracks. Onions not quite up yet.

Alright guys, here's the rundown...

We weren't able to hunt Thursday evening by the time we found a place to camp. We hunted in the rain/snow Friday and Saturday and when we hadn't gotten lucky yet decided to hunt Sunday as well before coming home Monday.

We saw literally thousands of elk, hundreds of deer, dozens of turkeys and grouse. Not a single bear though.

I should have bought a turkey tag, they were everywhere. (Pre64, pm me if you want to know where we were seeing turkeys.)

We spent the first day driving roads by Mill Creek (the road between Little Weiser and Ola). The next day we hiked from Middle Fork (by Fall Creek) up to the ridge south of Cottonwood. The third day we drove up as high as we could get before the snow was too deep and hunted/glassed from there. We even had to winch the wheelers a few times trying to gain a little more elevation.

We covered everything from 3000' to 6000' high. When I hadn't found bears yet, I was just trying to cover more ground and see new areas in case I was looking in the wrong spot, but to no avail.

We found onions that were coming up, but no blooms yet. When we sat down to glass you could sure smell them though.

I don't know if we weren't in a good area or there just aren't many bears out yet. Maybe I just suck at bear hunting, but I saw so many other critters I am sure we would've seen them if they were there.

My plan is to go back in two weeks, around May 2nd, and try again.

Am I on the right track or doing something wrong?

Grizzly

Your trip in two weeks should be stellar, although bears should be out in many locations. Check the south facing slopes a few hundred feet below snow line and look for the greenest patch of grass you can find. Sit and watch. They can move quite a bit. A few years ago I sat on one rock for an afternoon and watched six bears come and go.
Good luck!

>We saw literally thousands of elk,
>hundreds of deer, dozens of
>turkeys and grouse. Not
>a single bear though.
>

I thought Idaho didn't have any game left?

Good luck on your hunt. It's starting to warm up - the bears should start moving.

I think your next trip should be day and night from your first trip. We have been there when the bear are not out and there is nothing you can do.

We always try to time the hunt, but lean on being a little late rather then too early. If you are late the bear are out and you have a chance, even if they move to the thickets.

Keep the faith, a couple weeks could make a big difference. Heck, we have seen where a few days have made a big difference!!!

Bag your first bear to take the pressure off and then you will be hooked on bear hunting. We go every year and it is one of our most enjoyable hunts of the year. Low pressure, great weather after a long winter, great state, great county, good friends and just enjoying 11 days in a wall tent.

Maybe we are missing something, but we have bagged very few bears at first light, like so many other animals. We wake up when the sun wakes us. I believe that the bears are alot like us (fat and lazy). I think they tend to sleep in and get moving after the day warms up a bit. I'm sure there are them that move all night but our experience has been what it is!!!

Go and enjoy, find a good road with good sign (scat) and you are on your way. We will find several roads like this and then concentrate on them. We will walk them a couple times a day (day after day). We have killed bears on our way in, we have killed bear on our way out and we have killed bears on the same road not 30 minutes apart.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

>>We saw literally thousands of elk,
>>hundreds of deer, dozens of
>>turkeys and grouse. Not
>>a single bear though.
>>
>
>I thought Idaho didn't have any
>game left?
>
>Good luck on your hunt.
>It's starting to warm up
>- the bears should start
>moving.
+1, go back to Utah and recruit some fellow Utahns to come buy some NR OTC tags. So the wolves didn't eat every deer and elk?!?!? Residents, am I missing something?

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he
would have made broccoli more fun to
shoot...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-13 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]Anyone else been up and out recently? Any new stories or info ( hopefully success pics to share) to post and share with all ? Thanks.

He's not very big, but is very blond with a little white patch on his chest. I'd like to see him in 6-8 years.

1682rscn0686.jpg

Keep after it, the bears are out but it will be much better after the weather warms up. We've seen about 8 bears in the same unit throughout the last week, nothing to pull the trigger on yet.

Good luck, and keep hitting the onion patches, and remember that magical hour before dark!!

ridgelineoutdoors.com

Thanks for the update. We are going back up on Friday so hopefully there will be some more bears out by then.

We found plants that smelled like onions last week, but they didn't have blooms on them. What color are they when they flower?

Also, do bears dig up the bulbs or eat the blossoms?

Grizzly

Hey Grizz. How did the second trip fare. Hopefully the bears were out and you bagged a nice one.

At least your hunting!!! I'm still working and waiting to get out of here in a couple weeks and up to Idaho to try our luck and just enjoy the outing.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

I've been up the last 2 weekends checking bait. Nothing going yet. Late spring and cold temps is keeping the bears denned up.

Maybe next weekend?

Alright, Sorry for the delay, I just got back in the office yesterday afternoon and am barely getting a chance to sit down. You know how it is when you leave town, it just makes coming back to work even harder. Here is the update...

We left Utah early and got to our unit in time to hunt Friday night. Almost immediately we came across a big chocolate bear.

It was only 150 yards away, but it had its head buried in a stump and was right at the edge of timber, partially obscuring its body. We watched him for about five minutes waiting for him to show his whole body so we could judge if it was a good bear and make sure that there weren't cubs around. Finally, I was on the sticks and he put his head up for the first time. My wife said, "Big bear, shoot." Right then, he took a step and disappeared into the timber. This was a monster chocolate, but there was nothing I could do unless I shot first and then walked down to see how big he was. I wasn't willing to take the risk, though now I wish I would have.

Saturday night we were back in the same spot, hoping he would show himself again. About 5pm, a black-phase bear showed up across the valley. We watched him for quite awhile to make sure he was a good bear, and decided to run for him. He was a few miles away, but it was early so we hoped he would be in the same meadow by the time we got there. He was out of sight for about 30 minutes while we were in the bottom of canyons and when we finally got the meadow into view... he was gone. We never saw him again.

I had great view through the scope on the opposite hill of the bear and an elk feeding about 10 yards apart from each other. Too bad I only had a big SLR camera so I couldn't a digiscope picture, because it was a cool sight.

It was now Saturday night and I had an eight hour drive home and meetings on Monday, so we pretty much had to pick up and come home on Sunday... but we just couldn't leave with all the fun we were having. We decided to stay and hunt Sunday and leave before sunrise on Monday morning so that I could make my afternoon meetings.

We let that area rest for Sunday and drove about 10 miles north to a new area for the afternoon hunt. We came across a black-phase bear early Sunday afternoon that we ranged at 506 yards (I regularly practiced out to 500 yards because I heard the area lent to long-range shots, so the range didn't worry me). He wasn't a BIG bear, but not immature either. Probably about the equivalent of a small 4x4 muley. I finally decided to shoot him since he was a decent bear with a pretty coat. But I forgot to adjust for the steep uphill angle. I shot just over his back, I think I probably should've held for a 400 yard shot.

The bear took off straight downhill to a deep canyon and I never even got a follow-up shot. I had no idea how fast those suckers can run. Holy cow, they're athletes.

We then drove up the canyon a ways and found a small chocolate that we nicknamed Mange (because his hair was terrible patchy like a dog with mange). I really didn't want this bear so we drove back down the canyon to where the first black bear was.

We hiked to the bottom of the canyon hoping to scare him back onto the hillside and into the open, but never saw or heard him again.

Overall, it was a great hunt. This part of Idaho is easily one of the most beautiful places I have ever hunted. Even though I don't have a bear yet, I have loved spending seven days hunting with my wife and camping in the area.

I can't make it back up this weekend, but I'll be back the following week and plan on punching my tag while I'm there. It is my first bear and I tried for 10 years for this tag, I'm not going to "eat" it.

You guys are awesome and have given me a ton of help along the way. There is no way I could've had the experience I have had without your help. Keep me informed on what you hear or see.

I have been taking pics along the way, I'll make sure to put a few together and get them posted along with the Trophy Shot. When I have one.

Grizzly

Sounds like a couple weeks made a big difference. Better watch out, you will be hooked!!! Best of luck in a couple weeks. Sounds like they are out now and you know the area and what to look for. You sould punch your tag in a couple weeks. We will also be heading up in a couple weeks to give it heck and enjoy eleven days in the Idaho outdoors.

Best of luck. I wish you the best of luck!!!

Sounds like your making the most of your bear tag and having a great time. That was a great update and I appreciate you keeping us informed. Best of luck and keep having fun. Cant wait to see some pics.

Good choice on not shooting a bear that you didn't know how big it was
I made the mistake this weekend of taking a quick shot on a bear that
Was close to the same color of the one I was after I found out after the shot it was the wrong bear. It makes me sick knowing I filled my unit 32 tag on a tiny bear so be picky as long as you can afford it.

Grizz, sounds like things are picking up. You headed back this weekend?

We are heading out in the morning at 6:00 PM. Should be there and have wall tents set up and ready for the following nine days of hunting and then heading back on Memorial Day (27th).

Best of luck to you.

>Grizz, sounds like things are picking
>up. You headed back this
>weekend?
>
>We are heading out in the
>morning at 6:00 PM. Should
>be there and have wall
>tents set up and ready
>for the following nine days
>of hunting and then heading
>back on Memorial Day (27th).
>
>
>Best of luck to you.

rmanwill, good luck to you guys. I'm sure you're going to have a blast.

I can't break away from work on Friday, so we are leaving early Saturday morning so we can hunt the evening hunt. I'll stay until I punch my tag. My unit only goes until Wednesday, but I should be able to get a bear by then.

I'm stoked. I have learned a ton in my last two trips and I'm sure there will even be more bears out this time. As soon as I get back, I'll post pics. You do the same.

Have a good one.

Grizzly

Good luck out there Grizzly!

I have been living my bear hunting vicariously through this thread but I think its about time I get out there and try my luck at a spot and stalk hunt! Seems like the key this time of year is just spending time behind some glass looking at grassy hillsides. Any suggestions on technique from some veteran bruin killers? Is calling worth my time?

Grizzly, hope to see a pic of a monster bruin soon!

SUCCESS! AFTER 11 DAYS OF HUNTING, I GOT A BEAR!

We hunted a total of 11 days over three different trips. The season definitely got better as spring went on, and this turned out to be one of my favorite trips I have ever been on. The scenery is beautiful and it is a great time of year to be out.

Like I said before, I am totally "green" at bear hunting. I absorbed all the great info from you guys and watched every bear hunting video that I could find trying to learn how to judge a bear. It turned out to be easier in real life than I had feared. It is true what they say, when you see a big bear... you know it.

My wife and I started Saturday night hunting on mountain bikes. It turned out to be a great way to travel quickly and quietly on closed roads. We saw a bear about 1000 yards away feeding up a meadow towards the top of a ridge. Instead of taking the time to get out the spotting scope, we just hurried around the mountain and rode our bikes to the top. A quick jog over the summit and we were on the top of the meadow the bear had been feeding in just minutes before.

3462bear_scenery.jpg

As we worked our way down the meadow, the wind was blowing stiffly in our faces, but we still couldn't see the bear. Fearing he had sneaked out of the meadow, I had about given up when I saw black ears slide through the thigh-high bushes only 20 feet below me. I got my wife to quickly sneak up next to me to help me judge whether or not it was a big bear. Eventually it fed to our left at about 15 feet. It was only then that we could see it was a sow and decided not to shoot.

Right at that time, she stood up on her back legs and started grunting at us. She didn't know where we were and the wind was at her back, but she must've caught a faint smell and knew something was wrong. As she grunted, her three previously-unseen cubs climbed down the tree right next to us... and we started to get a little worried we would have to shoot the bear in self-defense. Obviously a black bear is no grizzly, but I still didn't want to be 5 yards from a sow and three cubs. She took a step towards us and we both stood up tall to make ourselves known.

I had my gun to my shoulder and my wife was holding her pack over her head to look big and we slowly backed out of the area. It wasn't until we got back to the bikes that my wife realized in all the drama that she had put down the shooting sticks in the meadow before we retreated. Neither of us wanted to go back down there and risk upsetting the sow and her cubs. We really didn't want to be forced into shooting that bear if we upset her again.

Sunday we took the truck to an area we had hunted a few weeks ago and saw one small chocolate that we decided to pass on. Right before dark we were heading to another glassing area and spotted a bear right below the road. It was only 200 yards away, but the light was fading fast and the wind was terribly at our backs. I jumped out of the truck and tried to get set up for a shot, but without shooting sticks and no tree nearby to shoot off of, I had to settle for a kneeling shot and flat-out missed. I was rushing the shot to beat the scent down the hill and just pulled to the left. The bear dove into the thicket and I was truly dejected. This was a big chocolate boar with a giant head and shoulders like a grizzly.

We went out on Monday to a new area that a Forest Ranger told us about, but didn't get a good feeling about the area. We ended up using the map and getting back to the same area as Sunday with a few hours of hunting left. All of our "honey holes" were totally void of bears and we committed ourselves to staying in this area for the rest of the evening hunt. No matter what. We have a habit of getting restless, but tonight we were staying put until dark.

After two hours of glassing the same hillsides over and over again we spotted the big chocolate from the night before. This time we were a little further away, but the wind was better and I had time to lay out my pack and get set for a shot. One shot, and the bear dropped like a ton of bricks. He laid still for a split second and then started rolling down the hill... gaining speed as he went. We counted six rolls before he disappeared into a tangle of thorn bushes at the bottom and we could hear sticks break as he crashed down the cliff-like mountain face.

We had done it. A big color-phase bear was down.

After walking around to where we thought he was when I shot, we found it really difficult to judge depth on the steep hillside without any landmarks. We couldn't find any blood or tracks. Not even a broken flower. It was as if we had dreamed the whole event. A search through the thorn-tangle proved useless in the low light. It was now getting very dark and we decided to pull out for the night.

Early Tuesday morning found me back at the site of the shot with my wife and her parents (who had joined us on the trip to play camp-hosts) at the position of the bear so I could point them to the last known position. With little pieces of toilet paper, we marked the hillside and knew where the bear had been standing when I shot. It was an area about 30 yards across.

We then rolled big rocks down the hill to see where they hit the thicket and marked that area off as well. Now we felt like we knew where the bear went in. We didn't know if he had been hung up in the trees and thorn bushes or had crashed to the bottom, but we knew the last place we had seen him.

Two hours of searching a grid-pattern and marking with toilet paper turned up no blood or track of any kind. I really thought we would find where he rolled through the bushes, but they were so thick that I think he really just rolled across the top of them and didn't break them off as he went through.

During this search, we turned up what can only be described as a "bear nest". I don't know if this is common or not, but he had piled pine needles up and you could clearly see where he spent most of his time. The area looked like a pig-sty with bear scat literally everywhere around it. This was cool to see.

2128bear_nest.jpg

As we finished our grid at the bottom of the canyon without a single piece of blood, we were getting dejected and I was about to start calling around town trying to find somebody with a bear dog that would come help me track it.

I took one last Hail Mary attempt and circled about 100 yards downhill and dropped into a dry creek bed to search for sign. There it was... Blood!

It was dried, but bright pink and frothy.

Out came the toilet paper again and the tracking was on. My wife, unbeknownst to me, is pretty much 1/2 Ninja and 1/2 Indian. She was on her hands and knees finding pin-sized drops of blood on small rocks as we pressed forward.

The dry creek bed turned into what can only be described as a "bear tunnel". It was surrounded on all sides by thorn-bushes and wasn't even tall enough to crouch inside of. We had to stay on hands and knees with me leading the way and crawling forward only to have my wife slide my rifle up to me and we would find blood and scoot again.

This took two hours to travel 100 yards before we found the bear. It was a beautiful chocolate with a giant head and great big front paws. I was totally elated. And definitely relieved.

The area where he finally expired was too small to roll him over for pictures so we don't have any "trophy shots", which is really too bad. It was so thick that we couldn't even back up for a decent picture. This is the only picture I have of him whole. Skinning him out was difficult because of rigor mortis and the confined space, but we were able to get his hide off and it was still in great shape. Luckily being at the bottom of the steep canyon had kept wind blowing on him and he was shaded so there was no bloating or spoilage.

1150bear_down.jpg

The pack-out was only 500 yards, but took two hours because it was so thick and steep. I've never cussed like that in my whole life, and I probably never will again. We estimated his hide, with paws and skull still attached, weighed about 120 pounds. It was a tough crawl on hands and knees through the thorns and I was bleeding everywhere from small cuts by the time we got out.

Just making memories, right?

9322bear_pack_out.jpg

It was now late Tuesday afternoon and we were an hour from camp. By now, I was really worried about losing the hide to spoilage. We stopped at the first gas station for ice and the few pictures that I have of the bear and rushed to get the cooler in some shade.

As I said in my earlier posts, I don't know how to judge bears. Of course I hoped he was a good bear because I wanted to take full advantage of the tag, but all I knew was that I worked hard for him and felt like I earned him. Regardless of what he scored, I was truly happy with my bear.

Wednesday morning found us cleaning up camp to make the drive to the Game & Fish office for the Mandatory Check-In. We stopped at the Jerome office on the way home, and it wasn't until this point that I knew what a trophy we had.

When the biologist at Game & Fish says it is the biggest bear he has ever seen, you think you might have something special. He ended up going through the whole building to bring out everybody from Conservation Officers to Secretaries. Although score really doesn't matter, I was on Cloud Nine knowing he truly was a really nice bear. With all that work done, it was off to the taxidermist in Pocatello.

The taxidermist squared him right at 7 feet, with 6'8" nose to tail and 7'4" paw to paw. (He wasn't being too kind to me when he laid the bear out to measure. I think he'd go about 7'2" if pulled tight so there weren't any wrinkles in the hide.) His skull obviously hasn't been "beetled" yet, but with the hide off it looks like he will make B&C at over 20". The pictures really don't do him justice, I guess I should've backed up like some guys before we took the pictures. His head nearly fills up an entire 70-quart cooler.

The taxidermist guesses he weighed 400 pounds when I shot him and probably weighed close to 500 pounds in the fall before hibernation. He had a pretty major infection on his neck and cuts across his face from a fight with another boar. They truly are amazing animals and I am so grateful that I got to hunt them. Thanks so much to everybody that helped me on the way.

It was an awesome hunt and the bear of a lifetime.

6142bear_head.jpg

5800bear_head2.jpg

Grizzly

That's awesome! Congrats on your hard earned trophy! I'm glad it all worked out for you, what a great success story.

Congratulations on an awesome bear. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us. Ive been hoping you would have a successful hunt and it obviously ended very well for you. Now youll have to start going after all the other color phases.

Great bear Grizzly! I was hoping to run into you up there while chasing turkeys. I was in an accident right before the season started, so I didn't make up there. Thank you for posting.

Thanks for reading guys. Here are a few more pictures to show what the hunt was like.

Grizzly

-------------

Shortly before the end of the road, early in the season

395closed_road.jpg

One of many river crossings (I'm not man enough to risk tight-roping across it)

8751barely_dry.jpg

Glassing the mountain where I would shoot my bear four weeks later

2772mountain_with_bear.jpg

My wife finally behind glasses and not a camera

3504nena.jpg

Right after the clouds lifted

2288misty_mountains.jpg

Some of the many miles of hiking we did along the way and the grouse, named Thumper, that accompanied us at camp each of the three times we were there.

1889sticks.jpg

857walkingthroughbushes.jpg

7634thumper.jpg

Sweet!!! Great job Grizzly. I'm excited for you. Sounds like you put in the time and learned alot along the way.

Watch out, because bear hunting is addicting. I started in 2000 and have been every year for the past seven years. It is a great and fun hunt after a long winter. It still amazes me every time I spot and stalk a bear. without dogs or bait.

Idaho is an awesome state in the spring and has lots of bears to chase.

Your bear is an awesome trophy. Nice big head and a buitiful coat. You did well. Way to keep after it. You and your wife did well and made a memory that will last forever. Congrats!!!

I just returned last night and went to work today. I bagged a chocolate bear myself and will post a couple photos in a day or two when I get caught up.

>Great story and pics, but is
>that how you cross logs
>or did you slip and
>rack yourself?

Not my finest "Man Moment" but I crossed the river that way. Normally, I just balance and tightrope across it, but my rifle kept slipping off my shoulder because of my pack and I knew if while crossing the log I leaned forward, the rifle or I would go swimming.

I swallowed my pride, pulled up my skirt, and shimmied across.

Grizzly

Nice job rmanwill. Post those pics. I'm excited to see.

You're right... now I can't get enough bear hunting.

Grizzly

Hey Grizzly congrats again on your bear. I just got time to get a couple photos to post of my bear up in Idaho last week. We bagged two for five guys. The other three all passed small bears and two of them missed good bears. Seen thirteen bears total in between all the rain and snow. Always a good time, but the worst year for weather in the past seven years.

I told you bear hunting is adicting!!!

Here is a couple phtos of my bear (my sixth bear in eight hunting trips).

2921049.jpg

872048.jpg

8099055.jpg

9032060_-_copy.jpg

2548061_-_copy.jpg

Beautiful bear rmanwill. Great color and the coat looks perfect.

I already am trying to line up friends to go with me next year.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom