Spread Eagle...

never_catch

Long Time Member
I was hiking off the mountain today and came over this ridge spooking a bald eagle off a fresh fawn kill about 90 yards below me. I went down and inspected, the deer hadn't been dead long at all, I'd guess less than an hour. Anyways that eagle had one front shoulder completely removed from the carcass and had fed into the chest cavity. The hunters, coyotes, lions, bobcats, and wolves aren't killing all our deer in Utah...it's the damn eagles!! :D

~Z~

You obviously interupted a meal trap set by one of the smartest critters out there.

It's a little known fact that a raccoons favorite meal is....bald eagle, but since they can't fly, the wily raccoon has learned to kill a meal the bald eagle will come to the ground to eat, and when the eagle sticks his head into the carcass, the 'coon makes his attack!

I've only seen this one other time...you chanced onto a cool thing, too bad you didn't get pics.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Now 'BALD' Eagles are Big Game Killers?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

tageater, coons really do that?? I don't know if that's what happened or not but I didn't see any tracks in the snow other than deer and the eagle. It was pretty cool to stumble upon anyways...something I've never seen.

~Z~

Nah, Z- I'm just F'ing with ya....but that'd be cool, huh?!

A coon setting a trap for an eagle! Lmao...!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I was sober a hell(against my will) when I wrote that, but I thought I might get a few biters.

Still a cool sight that musta been.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I was about to tell you in the 29 years I've been up there I've never seen a coon but 3 years ago out of nowhere I got 4 coons at once on a trail camera...then I decided not to try and persuade you it wasn't a coon trap lol!! Funny stuff!!

~Z~

Jizzmeister- ahhhhhh nevermind- aint worth the time it'd take to type it-

All I know is a coon is a smart critter. They'll figure out someshit you wouldn't believe...but I speak of a Southern Coon, not a Utard coon...

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-12 AT 09:45PM (MST)[p]

Nah, once I saw "she" had one, I told your "mom" to go home.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

wHats the matter, jizzy? Did the fact that "she" has a sac, confuse you and make you question your validity in this world?

Don't worry, finding out your Ma is a Pa won't keep you from screwing your sister....unless you find a package there too...

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-12 AT 00:12AM (MST)[p]EAD kock lover? You're gonna have to speak a little more red-neck than that for me to understand. Is that confused-about- what-my-ma-is for eat-a-doughnut?

Keep going F'stick- and try to add some possitive to the website or we'll vote you off!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom