spotting scope

W

wheatja114

Was wondering if you guys take your spotting scope & tripod with you in the field while hunting muledeer or do you just use them while driving around in the truck?
Take your bino's only in the field or both?

Both, except I rarely carry the tripod into the back country...too much bother and I've been able to find a limb or a couple of rocks.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

There isn't a time in the field when I don't take my spotter! Like others said, its like leaving your gun or your ammo!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Only in open country do I take my spotter... Around here (other than either the low country with oaks or the open country at and above timberline) the forest is pretty thick..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I cant stand packing a spotting scope. I use 10x42's bino's (only). However, I am trying to talk myself into giving it another go! I had myself leaning towards getting a pair of 15's to carry in my pack. But, after reading the reviews under the optics section, about the light weight Kowa spotter, I might be trying it again.

always both unless I am hunting a specific buck I have scouted during the hot season and only going in for the day-then-sometimes I can get away with the binos and my doubler which is ok to verify the buck Im after and this helps cause I can cut up and carry the buck out right now with more comfort and room in a smaller day pack. other wise-ALWAYS

I wouldn't carry a bad spotter to the garbage can but I will pack good glass anywhere.

"When there's lead in the air, there's hope."

i always take both my spotting scope and tripod. i like to set my spotter up and use my binos and switch back and forth between them. with the packs these days and how light things are. not a big deal to haul them with ya. you never know when you'll need them.

"Shoot Straight"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom