spotting scope skins

bullbuster

Hey all. I bought a new Vortex Razor 20-60x85 angled spotting scope. What spotting scope skins do you guys have? where did you get them and how do you like them? pros/cons. Thanks guys. I'm just wanting something good to protect it

I purchased a Cabelas neoprene one for my spotter and for the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

I have a Kings camo one. Like it a lot! What I didn't like was that it took months to get it. Always backordered, they'd always give me some story about their supplier being hard to get stuff from. I got pretty agitated but since it was a gift and off season I waited. Once it got here I like it.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I bought one from Kings Camo a couple of months ago for my vortex viper. They run you about $50 and are pretty nice. The only issue that I am having is that the skin is pretty tight in the area around the focus knob. Makes it a little more difficult to focus but it isn't hugely distracting. I'm hoping that as I use it more it will loosen up.

Boomer I think there all like that, I have to push the neoprene down a half inch when I want to magnify my swaro.

Dad and I went out looking at elk tonight. The threads in the bottom of the scope that the piece screws into to mount to your tripod broke. That was a little disheartening. We were still able to hold it up on the tripod and use it. Wish I didn't have to use the warranty so soon haha. We did see some nice bulls though. The cover/case thing that comes with the scope looks to be made so you can use it on a tripod still but it is not at all practical. They don't come with the Vortex brand skin. I was under the impression it came with one. I may just get one of those. I have heard people mention that about Kings brand ones. (a little tight around focus knob) Also will follow the links. Thanks guys!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom