Spotting Scope question??

H

hawkster

I'm new to the site and want some input on some spotting scopes. I'm looking to upgrade from my windriver 15-45. Was wandering about the Vortex Skyline or Skyline Ed compared to the Swaro 20-60x65mm which would be my limit for spending. I know that I am trying to get input on a mid range scope and a higher end scope just wondering if the price difference is worth the money.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-07 AT 02:57PM (MST)[p]I read a line in the latest Eastman's from a guy who did alot of glassing to kill a 200" Mule Deer. He said don't buy the best glass you can afford, buy the best glass made.

I have purchased 15x and 8x Swaro bino's as well as 65MM HD Swaro Spotter. I can't imagine better glass. I even bought a 85MM Zeiss tht I took back to get the Swaro as I just wasn't happy with the edge to edge clarity.

My son has a great elk tag this year so I have spend over a dozen days glassing for a total of at least 100 hours and have glassed dozens of bull elk and hundreds of Mule Deer. I can find deer easily up to 3+ miles away, elk even further, and can judge up to 2 miles given lighing conditions.

Lesser glass will cut your range significantly. The others just are not as clear, especially colorwise.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom