Spotting scope help?

T

tshuntin

I really would like to get a spotting scope. I have 12X Cabelas Euros for my binos and am pretty happy with them, but would still like to get a spotter. I have toyed with this for a while and I know most advice would be to save up and get the very best you can afford. I like buying these type of things once and not doing it all over in a year because I went cheap. I am good doing that to a point, depending on how long I want to wait before getting something and how much I really want to spend. I am wondering if you all can give me advice on what spotter to get in each of the below price ranges???

What is the best one to buy in these price ranges?
$250-500?
$500-750?
$750-1,000
$1,000-up?

Your help or experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks, TS

NOT a expert but I did some looking around and I purchased the vortex skyline and Im very pleased for the money.

I can't speak for the higher end stuff but I did get a Vortex Nomad from Doug at Cameralandny a couple years ago and have been very happy with it. If I remember correctly I believe the price was right around $330.

From what I have researched, the Vortex Razor HD is next in line under the alpha spotters. They just released the straight eyepiece version too.

Another that interests me is the Leupod Kenai ED, but have not heard many reports yet.

I sure wish I had a quality spotter on my recent antelope hunt rather than my 20 y.o. spotter. Would have liked more contrast and resolution.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom