Spotting Scope Eye Piece's

S

STEVIE312 (Guest)

I'm planning to purchase a leupold windriver spotting scope. They are offered in either straight eye piece or angled eye piece. I've never used either and was wondering which one to purchase. Any suggestions???

you probably want the straight one. If you use bino's on a tripod and want to change quickly to the spotter then the tripod is already in position for the straight spotter. It just saves time in adjusting the tripod again after putting the spotter on if you had an angled one......... Allen Taylor......

I just recently purchased this same spotting scope. I opted for the strait eye piece. One of the reasons is what Bura Nut said about easier transition from binos to scope. I also think target aquisition is a lot quicker with straight eye pieces compared to angled. Your eye is already trained to look through the strait eye piece when finding a target due to rifle scopes and binos. The angled eye pieces threw me off a little.

TUFF

If you ever get a window mount for the spotting scope, try looking through an angled one mounted on it. Theres your answer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom