Spotting scope case Do you use ?

A

arrowspot

I just purchased my first spotting scope a 65mm Swarovski STS, my question when packing, do you just put it in the pack un protected or have a cover? What cover is recommend? Also what about every day use, soft case or a hard case when in vehicle or atv etc. Its a big investment so want to take care of it.Swarovski has its case that wraps around it for around $239.00 (ouch) trying to stretch funds as much as possible. Also need tripod and head but thats another whole topic for a later time still researching that one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again Jeff S

I bought a Cabela's Snug Rug Spotting Scope Case for my Zeiss and it fits well enough. It looks like is actually made to protect the Swaro spotter with straight eyepiece.

The Cabelas Snug rug is what I have also for my Swaro, and it is a perfect fit.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-09 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]I have the same scope in the ATS model and ended up getting the Swaro case. IMHO the Swaro case is probably the best out there, especially for their scope, but it's not a great value by any standard. The other cases mentioned will do most of what Swaro case will for a lot less.

That said, I spent the money anyway knowing this was a scope I intended to use for a long time. My hope is ten years from now I will have forgotten what I paid, but still have great scope and case.

I have the same Swarovski 65 in an ATS. I hear what you are saying about protection. By far the least expensive and best option for packing in the pack is the scope skin found at Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=16&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

If you are packing in he truck, i would use some extra protection witht heh snug rug. Mine always stays in my pack with theh scope skin on.. Fabulous and no problems.

Good Luck,

Porter.

I use the cordura nylon case with my MINOX 62... it works great! Protects the scope while in my pack. Another case I use is my Pelican Case that is waterproof and protects my optics while traveling via air or ground vehicle. You can drive a tank over it and it wouldn't hurt the optics. NJS

I bought mine from Creedmoor Sports, they make each one per the brand and size of scope. All you do is call them, they will ask which brand,model and maybe overall length.
But they make them when you order, had mine in a week or so.
Not that expensive either. Check out their website and try it.

Just google the name and go from there.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-09 AT 00:36AM (MST)[p]another cabelas vote...for swar ats 65mm.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601625&hasJS=true

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom