Spotters under $1000

wyobackcountry

Looking for Opinions on some of the better spotting scopes new or used out there? I would prefer a 60-65mm over an 80 for packing around. At this point in time I'd like to stay under $1000 dollars. Thanks

I have the Meopta (angled) that Cableas sells. No buyers remorse. I looked real hard at the Leupold Kenai kit. Came with everything including two eye pieces for well under 1K. I beleive that is an 80mm scope though. The only reason I didn't purchase it was because I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of a Chinese Leupold. If you simply have to own a 60-65mm scope, I'd look hard at the Kiowa. However by the time you purchase an eye piece(s), cover, and tripod your going to be looking at 1K.

For under $1000, I suggest you take a look at KOWA.

Their large ojective spotting scopes have been in use by longrange shooters since they came on the scene... at the 1964 Olympics! They also regularly outperform the European spotters in head-to-head tests. They all are in the same price range: $2365 - $2905.

In the $1000 range, the 20-60x60mm is $810 and the 20-60x66mm is $925. Both are lightweight and have superb optics. If you want XD glass, you have to go up to $1340 for the 66mm.

With all the choices available, my brother-in-law chose the KOWA 66mm and I have compared it extensively to the Swarovski 80mm HD. While it doesn't match up for clarity or light transmission, it makes up for those with size, weight, and price.

Call the Outdoorsmans at 800-291-8065 for more info. They are sponsors of this site and they are all hunters and shooters!

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

I caught wind that Vortex is coming out with an ED spotter that is the little brother to the Razor that should be around $800. Don't know when, but it sounds nice. That is if the rumors are true.

}}-SLIVER-->

I am looking at the same thing. very attempted to get the ZEN ED2 spotter for $1190. It comes with a free ZRS HD binoculars according to Cameraland New York.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom