Spotter Vs. Doubler

U

Utahminer

For backpack hunting, and other day hunts with lots of hiking, has anyone tried using a pair of binoculars with a doubler? Vortex and swaro both make doublers and Ziess makes a tripler. I am wondering if using one on both sides (virtualy making a super pair of binos) would be easier on your eyes when glassing for long periods, than using a spotter. Has anyone tried this? After reading this article:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/index.html
I have become even more interested. I know you would still have to have a tripod or monopod when using a doubler/tripler.

I rencentrly bought and sold a spotting scope (nikon Fieldscope III 60mm). From what I have read a swaro would be easier to look through, but I imagine its still not something comfortable to look throught for hours on end. i was really disapointed in my ability to scan through the terrian compared to my binso (perhaps it was the tripod it sucked). My main concern is picking through brush and trees during mid day for bedded animals when light isn't an option.

Plus I would think it would be lighter when backpacking. I figure there has to be a major downside or more people would be doing it.

I've heard they've improved; but nothing to brag about. From what I've read/heard, the Jim White Tripler (Outdoorsman's) is said to be the clearest. It seems they'd be decent (not the quality of a spotter) for deciding if a stick is an antler; but scanning for hours, might drive you nuts.

There's an article/review on coueswhitetail

[http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5434&mode=threaded&pid=62414]

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Thanks that is a good refernce. I started reading the review, but have to run.

Does anyone else have experince? Has anyone tried the Vortex or Ziess?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom