Spot and Stalk Turkeys with a Deer Decoy

E

elkmtngear

It's almost time for us California hunters to start chasing those Rios, and this is a great option for anybody who gets bored sitting in a full hide blind.

You will be amazed what you can get away with, moving in on Turkeys behind a lightweight deer decoy. We got some great video footage doing this last Season.

The unit comes equipped with both a gun rest, and a camera mount. This will be my turkey rig this year, and I plan on using it with my Son for the Junior Season coming up in a few weeks, with the gun mount on top of it.

Please respond or PM with any questions you may have about our gear.

Decoy.jpg

Best of Luck,
Jeff (MonsterMuleys Sponsor)
http://www.elkmtngear.com

The face of this blind is a stretch poly slipcover, so you can quickly change it to an elk decoy, camo blind, pronghorn, etc.

The Moo Cow decoy slipcover should be arriving before September this Season. I have a prototype already made.

Best of Luck,
Jeff

Buckhunter1,
Thanks for the heads up. The regulation applies to both upland birds and waterfowl, and it prohibits the use of ANY MAMMAL used as a blind, in the approach or taking of birds.

So, DO NOT USE THIS DECOY IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA....UNLESS YOU ARE HUNTING DEER OR OTHER MAMMALS!!!

Best of Luck,
Jeff

Do they make one that looks like Brad Pitt?

Sage could sneak up on some women in the bars. LOL!

Well, maybe Elvis then. The women in that part of the country, are probably, as yet, unfamiliar with Brad Pitt.

......I know, ANOTHER azz whuppin' comin' up!

You don't need a parachute to skydive.
You do however, need a parachute to
skydive.......twice.

You guys wish! No biggie but this big ol teddy bear has gotten way more than his share of super fine babes. Take that to the bank!!

I'm honored that you think of me so often!! LOL

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I actually have a turtle cut out of a 4X8 sheet of plywood to hide behind. It's painted black like a Angus cow. The geese think it's a cow I guess, because it works.

Turtles are not mammals, so it's perfectly legal.

Eel

My turtle blind. It's about 6' wide and 4' tall.

The ranch I hunt has Black Angus cattle so it blends in real well. It fools the geese and sometimes even the cows.

I have some black cloth stapled to the back for better concealment. Note the gun rack and handles.

I was hunting one day and noticed the warden's truck parked checking me out with his spotting scope. I needed a break so I walked over his way. Before I got to his truck he drove off. Too pissed off to talk to me, I guess.:) The rancher just laughs and shakes his head.

3099016.jpg

9769017.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom