Spot and stalk harvest objective bear

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Just wondering about spot and stalk on the harvest objective units. Have any of you guys done it? How was it? Any suggestions on units? I am thinking about doing this instead of going out of state to Idaho, less expensive, closer to home. I would just like a chance to go backpacking in the mountains and maybe have a shot at shooting a bear. PM me if you would like to, thanks for any help.

If you look at it as a chance to get out and break the cabin fever, go for it! If you're looking to actually kill a bear, it's not a great hunt. I imagine the success rates are pretty dang low.

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-16 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]You trying to get even with the bears? Tell your dad to bring something bigger than a 380 this time.

I have drawn Bear in Utah twice and have never sat a bait site.

I have spot-n-stalked/called, some times carrying my bow other times the .50 cal.....

It is fun and a hell of a lot more exercise and country covered than sitting a bait---

Enjoy if you go that route and draw.

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom