Sportsman's Warehouse, THANKS!

bowhunt

Long Time Member
Monster Muley Friends,

You probably have all noticed, and been impacted by the crazy, ridiculous, and wild, shortage of Ammunition, Guns, reloading components, and pretty much anything related to guns and shooting.

I am lucky enough to live in an area where I can visit 3-4 different sporting goods stores within 10 minutes of my work and my home.
I shop at 3 large nation sporting good chains, and 2 small locally owned and operated gun stores.
They each seem to get about the same flow of ammo, guns, powder, and shooting components. Most get 1 shipment per week, and are quickly, generally within hours, totally sold out of the ?Good stuff?

My wife can attest to the fact that I rarely miss shipment day at these stores, and frequently come home with the ?Good Stuff?
I did, several months ago, frequent most of these stores, but as the shortages grew and demand increased the inevitable law of economics, Supply vs Demand took firm control over most of the stores. The small stores and the large retail chains moved prices quickly higher and higher. I would frequently hear people say ?Ok, now it is beyond ridiculous?, and they would walk out.
I did notice 1 store bucking this trend of insane prices and a snobby lack of caring for my checkbook.
What store was this? Sportsman?s Warehouse.

I found myself saying to the store manager, and many workers at Sportsman?s Warehouse, ?wow do you know those prices are just below suggested retail? ? Yup?, would be the response, ?we are refusing to price gouge, and hope it will make a difference for our customers, and help them feel good about their purchases? WOW, how refreshing.

I was so impressed , I made calls to the Corporate Headquarters of Sportsman?s Warehouse in Midvale Utah. I spoke to a great Woman, and gave her my feedback, and thanked her.
Her response ? THANK YOU, We appreciate your business, and care about our customers?

We are trying our hardest to keep prices low, and want you to continue shopping with us when the madness ends?
She went on to talk about some policies that they have put in place: Rationing ammo (to allow more to purchase), not holding guns for very long, and not giving employees the discounts on high demand product . These policies have been hard for some to deal with, but it has allowed many more customers to get SOME of the Good Stuff”

Times are crazy, but Sportsman?s have helped me get through it. NICE WORK, and thanks!

I am in. I am shopping with them now, and will continue.
There is an old saying that I think applies to the current state of madness: Pigs get Fat, Hogs get slaughtered. Sportsman?s you are not HOGS , THANKS

Mike
iReviewGear.com

The Sportsman's Warehouse closest to me was changed to a Sportsman's Wholesale a couple years ago. It hasn't been the same since. In a bad way. mtmuley

When the first Sportsman's Warehouse opened in Murray Ut., I thought we had hit the mother load! I have always appreciated the way they have conducted business. Operations change depending on leadership, but hopefully they will continue to produce the "mother load" for Sportsmen. I shop there every chance I get.

Thought I would add some examples.
- SW Bushmaster AR 699. Other store 950
-SW FEDERAL 223 20 pack 7.99 Other store 13.79
-SW Varget powder 25. Other store 40.

Thanks.

Bowhunt, if those other stores, that is price gouging, are large national stores with on line web site ordering, go ahead and post the names. I feel that we as hunters and shooters should be loyal to the store or stores that have shown to appreciate us as customers and not as a means to a bigger pocketbook to them by charging us scalper prices during a time of shortage.

I know that I would switch my bussiness to Sportsman's Warehouse if the one I use for on line ordering is one of the stores that is jacking their prices up to increase their profit off my back just due to a higher demand.
RELH

Love em or hate em, I give the guy props. He was broke and sold off some stores at what had to be pennies on the dollar. He then sucked it up, got his shiit together and bought all those stores back. Not sure how many Corp's would bother to do that.

I have had a few less than good experiences with SW.

However, I have had A LOT more great experiences with them. To hear they have morals on the price increases is great news.

Doubling prices on ammo or guns is nothing more than greed. Others mistake it as free enterprise and thats fine by me. When this crap our so called leader has created, settles down, I will stick with the companies that actually cared about their customers.

Make a few extra bucks from Obama Scare is Stupid Greed. Look at some of the MM Classifieds and you will see what I mean!

Wouldn't it be cool if some of the mfgs said NO to some of the feds buying ridiculous amounts of ammo?

You know who those bullets will be most likely fired at?...Scary to think that they "need" as many bullets as they bought.

Anyone else notice the lack of transparency regarding why they are actually buying the bullets? Just another way to try and stick it to the 99.99% of law abiding Americans that enjoy the outdoors and shooting sports.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom