Sportsman's Advocacy Conference

jm77

Long Time Member
The first annual Sportsman's Advocacy Conference was held in Dubois last week. Thank you to all who attended and the efforts to keep Wyoming and it's wildlife in the fore front of conversation. The Wyoming Sportsman's Alliance (WYSA) is currently made up of 8 conservation/sportsmen's groups and embraces the opportunity to represent the voice of Wyoming Sportsmen and Sportswomen.

9198wysa.jpg

Thanks for posting that jm77. Wyoming wildlife and the conservation of it are in a much better place than it was a year ago. Everyone in that room has stepped up in a big way and are willing to work for wildlife. This group will get it done...no question of that.

>I was half serious, I thought
>WYSFW was a "conservation/Sportsmans group"?
>

Perhaps the reason they weren't represented was that there were no money making schemes for the betterment of SFW and Smokestick to be involved in a conference such as that!

WapitiBob,

I knew you were half serious.

The truth is, WYSA is only interested in having groups/people that are willing to work in collaboration with each other. We need real solutions and folks/orgs willing to participate in a meaningful manner.

We may not all agree on every issue, but the key is to keep the big-picture in mind, and also have all affiliated groups maintain their own identity. WYSA will concentrate on the things we DO agree on that benefits wildlife...such as: the NAM, Science based management, the fundamentals of public access, public wildlife, public lands, etc. etc. etc.

What WYSA needs most is the support of the average DIY hunter. We are all committed to doing a better job of keeping everyone involved and up to speed on the many issues. Sportsmen need a voice.

>I see Muley Fanatics and Wyo
>Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and
>WWF. What other groups are
>involved?

Fed of Union Sportsman, Trout Unlimited, TRCP, BOW, Wild Sheep Foundation and the new group from Cody. I'm sure if I missed any, Buzz will know.

>Thanks, Jeff. New group from Cody??
>

I believe Jeff is talking about the Cody Chapter of SFW that parted company with them and their chief honcho Smokestick!

That's right TG, that's the group and I can't remember what they call themselves now.

>That's right TG, that's the group
>and I can't remember what
>they call themselves now.

Anything's better than SFW, LOL!

Its called Wyoming Outdoorsman. I haven't heard anything on how it is going. I know their first banquet sold out but if they got the same people planning I have no desire to go to a over priced dinner that isn't good and games and items that are extremely over priced. other than that, that is all I know...

The only good local {at least in my location} banquet anymore is friends of the NRA. they usually got some good food. Games could use some work to make more fun but they are cheap. the auction items don't bid way over priced. And in a small town its a great chance to win some good guns. Also at the event they showed where every penny was spent......

When I went to my first and last SFW banquet in cody which I feel embarrassed to say but cut me slack cause I didn't want to go then a friend of mine bought me a ticket..... Full of people walking around forcing you to spend money on a dumb $20 game going on how its for the wildlife. The whole banquet was a joke and put a sour taste in my mouth...... I can go on and on all the crap that took place.

BUT CUT THEM SOME SLACK TO GUYS, THEY HAVE A MOTTO SAYING ITS FOR THE WILDLIFE BUT APPARNETLY ITS MORE LIKE 70% TO ADMINSTRAION.

good job SFW ya made a fool of your club

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom