Sporting goods stores

eelgrass

Long Time Member
We got a new Sportsman's Warehouse here about 8 months ago. I went in and bought a box of ammo for the .300 Win Mag. A nice store.

I was running low on fishing gear and thought I'd stop in and check prices and availability today. I talked to a guy in the fishing department and asked him if they had Herring Dodgers? Flashers? They had a few light weight girly man flashers for trout or something.

Then I asked about Berkely Gulp sand worms in camo color? Nope. No Berkely Gulp anything.

I need some inline single hooks to replace the trebles on a couple lures. No inline hooks. Okay.

I need a few 2oz. banana weights for trolling. Nope, never heard of them.

Do you have frozen bait? I need some anchovies. Nope.

Well, WTF? Why are they even here?

Hardly anyone in the store. More employees than customers.

I did notice they had a great price on Whitetail grunt tubes. I bet those sell like hot cakes here on the west coast.

Back to my regular local stores where they are fishermen and cater to fishermen.

Sounds like you need to come out of retirement eel? Little part time work, get em straightened out

#livelikezac

Sportsmans here in Phoenix has all that and more,can't walk in there without breaking the bank.And very knowledgable employees.The Mom and Pop store shut down,so its that or Cabelas...?

Yep, the majority of the blackpowder bullets in the Grand Junction Sportsmans are sabots which are illegal in Colorado. A fair amount of their powder is in pellets, also illegal here. I asked an employee about it and he told me they lots of people come up from Utah to shop. I imagine they get tons of people from Green River, Moab, Monticello etc who drive here just to shop for blackpowder stuff ;)

Hasbean

It's a corporation... cabelas and wal mart are the same way.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom