Spooked Elk

B

brnoutdoor

So I was out on opening weekend and I ran onto bedded bulls and spooked them out, I was wondering if there are any chances that they will be back in the in the same general area next week or do you think I should move on to a different area? I have scouted the area all summer long and these bulls have been there but I havent scared. Any ideas what do you guys think?

Thanks

They might be in the general area but don't expect to find them in the same bed!
Good Luck!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

If they was bedded low I would look higher, But it depends on how bad you spooked them,If you just bumped them they will more then likely be close,But if it was full on scare(jumping them from their bedding area by getting to close before they saw ya)
They could move a mile or more away.
You have to remember that it isn't just you out there, some-one else could bumped them again and now they have been bumped twice out the same spot so now they are headed some place else.
Good Luck

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

They will be with the cows, that may be several miles away. Bulls start moving in september, whether they get spooked or not.

I agree with Tooele. Bulls will start looking for cows in a week. They may move 1-2 miles. May not move far. May move 10-20 miles to rutting grounds. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom