sponsors

N

nmelkandmuleys

i would really like to get some sponsors. can anyone out here help me out. just looking for advice on how to go about the whole deal. thanks. i am a bow hunter, ive hunted speed goats muleys elk coyotes foxes hogs javelina and bear. any help at all would be appreciated

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

Ok...I am going to bite here...

So what do you think a company should sponsor you for? What is that sponsor going to get for his money? Are you on TV..do you have a Magazine? I find it a very weird request and question!

i already have a camera man from northern new mexico that is willing to video all my upcoming hunts this year. i dress in all max-1 camo and shoot a pse and only gold tip arrows. i have in the field trophy photos of a few animals with these products and i am planing to make plenty of statements about the products in my videos. i plan on sending in videos to the companies and whoever else i need to. i am wondering wat else i might be over looking that might be able to help me out. what kind of marketing ideas would you guys try.

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

I need some sponsors as well,ill shoot whatever your selling and wear whatever you make as long as you pay me to hunt year round and book me the best hunts on earth.Lets make a deal...

Think about it from the company?s marketing standpoint: What are they getting for their money? Are you a hunting TV celebrity? Are you consistently killing animals that catch the attention of their demographic (Randy Ulmer, Doyle Moss, Etc?)? Will sponsoring you put money in their pocket? These are the things you have to think about when approaching a business for sponsorship.

There are a lot of different types of sponsorships out there: Discounted prices on product, free product, product plus salary?just to name a few. A lot of the archery and hunting companies have applications you can download off of their websites for ?sponsorship deals?, most of which are only for discounted prices. That might be where you want to start.

Much like anyone looking for a job, you have to have a good ?resume?. If you can give something to these companies that will catch their eye they might consider it. This could be anything from kill photos, to magazine articles, to video. If you have the ability to film and produce your own videos with solid footage and good kills then you might be able to get a sponsor. But to approach a company with nothing but the promise of a killer video, that will be a really tough sell.

I kill all kinds of sh!t to can somone help me out?

hornkiller.jpg

Yep, all I need to see is another guy making a kill on camera and then in one sentence stating the names of about 20 products that if he wasn't using them would have never allowed him to make that kill. Sort of like Jim Shockey and his statements that he trusts his life to about verything he use except for his watch and that's probably in the next episode. Truthfully though, ole Jim is one of about four of my favorite guys on the tube that I still watch.

The hunts Jim Shockey does are great and what he puts himself through to make the hunts and films is something that most of the other pansy-azzes would never do. Only a few would stay up to him and crawl thru mud, bug infested jungles etc.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I'll sponsor anybody out there , but the one catch is you need to tatoo my company name and product line right smack across your forehead .

Any takers ?

When a company extends a sponsorship agreement they do so expecting ROI...they are expecting the sponsorship to "pay off", and in most cases the pay off they are looking for is an increase in sales.

There are literally thousands of guys out there filming hunts with the idea of making a DVD or TV show. All of them want sponsors.

The truth is this...99 out of 100 guys approach a potential sponsor with a "What can you do for me?" kind of attitude, when in reality the opposite should be true. Someone looking for sponsorship should approach a given company with a REAL and SOLID plan that shows what THEY will do for the sponsor. If I had a $100 bucks for every time this actually happens I'd be a very poor dude. :)

Been doing the whole TV thing for about eight - ten years or so now, "pro-staff" only, not hosting or owning, both in local and national market shows. So here's a little bit of good "intell" for you if you are interested in becoming the next "Bone-Collector" -
1. Easy way - Buy a Gila archery tag, have buddy from NM film you buying all your big-name-brand gear at Cabelas on the way, film you using all the gear, and film you killing a 438 6/8" Typical Pope bull. Take lots of still photos with all gear. Get official score. Call Cabelas & all sponsors. Tell them what you have done. You'll make some money for video clips and the still pics. Probably pretty good money. Then do it again in 2012 AND beat the 438 6/8" and MAYBE you can get a salary-paid, expense paid show. MAYBE.
2. Impossible way - (this is NOT intended to offend you) - take what you have right now and call potential sponsors expecting to get ANYTHING except MAYBE things like product placement products without any "cost" to the potential sponsor - handwarmers, shoelaces, etc.
3. Possible way - (probably not what you are interested in hearing, but this IS a realistic POSSIBLE way to get a show) -
a. Get (or maintain) a good, secure job. Excell at it. Save your money. Make a budget. Save your money, you're gonna need it in a few years.
b. Keep hunting and filming and taking still photos off ALL your hunts. Make some home-made, professional-quality TV episodes. Inventory and maintain records and notes of all your hunts and all your film clips.
c. When you've saved literally double digit-thousands take a trip out to SHOT show and see what entire outdoor industry actually looks like from the INDUSTRIAL side, the "inside". Those three or four days will be a learning experience for you. Walk the floor and look at the people, watch what they're doing, listen-in (politley)on their conversations. You will learn ALOT.
d. As you build a library of footage and a little library of "episodes", watch them. See what you look like. See if YOU'd watch your show week in & week out. Ask friends and family to do the same and make honest comments. Post some up here and ask for honest comments.
e. Keep working and saving money.
f. After about 3 to 5 to 10 years, which TRUST ME, goes by like a heartbeat, you will now be ready to actually make a "TV show" for real because you'll have enough money to buy your own air-time, you'll have made industry contacts, you might have even have been able to land a "pro-staff" spot on a local or national show, you will have learned what national and local air-time costs, you'll have made an actual business plan, etc. etc. (and you'll have learned what these dozens of etc's are!)AND you'll be 100% ready to take the jump. ORRRRR - your life will take an unexpected road and you'll have something even better than a tv show, like a wife and a 7 month old son. By then you'll either be ready to take a shot at TV and live the dream, OR have a totally different dream.
I do this whole TV thing CERTAINLY NOT because I can make a living doing it. For me it adds another "dimension" to my hunting trips. I get some cool free or discounted products and get to go on some cool hunts without wrecking my savings account. I've met some great people and made some life-long friends. Would I like to be in a celebrity position with the income that goes along with having MY label on products on 27 pages in Cabela's Fall edition - SUUURE. Is that gonna happen? Let's just say that I've got tremendously better odds of winning the lottery.
Don't want to rain on your parade, and I do hope that it pans out for you, whatever you end up doing. I just had a minute here at work and wanted to give you my $0.02.
There's a few TV guys on here - maybe they can comment on my comments.

edpre

The smarter, more marketing focused vendors are all moving away from "Pro Staff" or "Sponsored" hunters.

Think about it, do I really give a crap what Mr Waddell uses? That does not influence me in the slightest.

Companies want Marketing! So blogs, reviews, posts on the web etc, are replacing Pro Staffs.

But good luck

Make sure what ever company gives you stuff tell everybody you know that it is the best ever! Kinda like tines up did with badland "This is the best pack ever" then hornhunter shows up "now this is the best stuff ever" then plan on a new best thing ever in another couple months!

hornkiller.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom