Spirit Airlines = turds

Well if that is their attitute towards customers, give it time and they too will be out of business once this gets around the news.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Sounds reasonable to me. I wonder if he brought out his veteran status when he purchased the ticket, or just now when it increasingly sensationalizes the story. I'm sure the airline has a screw over Vietnam vet policy. That is about as lame as the race card. I'm betting their customer service is garbage regardless of vet status.

Everybody loves the low cost revenue grabbing widget factories when price shopping and purchasing but when it comes to customer service they expect the Cadillac customer service. You get what you pay for comes to mind here and I think the Veteran card is just about as overused for media hype as the race card.

?At Spirit, we treat all of our customers equally and with respect,? the Fort Lauderdale-based carrier said in a statement Friday. ?That means our non-refundable fares are non-refundable ? for everyone

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/3...ing-florida-man-refund-request/#ixzz1tZ9TOrM7

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

This shocks me. I flew to Florida with Spirit and back, it was one of the most pleasurable flights I've ever flown....the captain even sang us a good-bye song!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-12 AT 07:25PM (MST)[p]I wonder if the reporter brought out his Veteran's status. I don't see any evidence that he brought attention to it.

veteran status, well owe them every thing,,,, race card, they think we owe them everything, 1911 you would not have a job , with out the veterans,,,, and dont you ever forget it,,,,,

My father is a Vietnam Vet. Got blown up and damn near died in the jungle, left 15 feet of his intestinal tract on the jungle floor, and has paid physically every day of his life ever since. He does not pull out the Vet card every time something does not go his way. Matter of fact, you would not know he was a Vet if you did not know. Having said that I have the utmost respect for Vets however, it has zero relevance in this story other than to make it more of a tear jerky evil corporate empire vs down trodden Vet story. Moreover, if the airline did not know he was a Veteran, it is highly unfair of the media to characterize it as such as I doubt it was a pinnacle factor in some predetermined discrimination targeting him. The mere purpose of characterizing it as such is to create a sensational story.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Nice comeback..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

1911 sounds smart something I always hope for in a cop. I agree with 1911, almost the same thing with my dad but instead it was cold as heck in Korea which kept him from bleeding to death. He never mentions he's a veteran and despises those that use it for gain I guess to each their own.

This isn't the only company that has a no refund/no transferable to another person policy. My first summer in Alaska, my Father was coming up to visit with me and my family. I got to talking with him and I decided to take some of the money we got from our military move to Alaska and buy a plane ticket for my nephew to come up and visit as an early graduation gift. A few days before he was to go to Chicago to fly out with my Dad, my half brother (nephew's dad) and stepmother were in an ATV accident. The stepmother died in the accident, I called and asked to see how things were. That was when my nephew told me that he was going to stay and help his dad out (he had a few injuries from the accident). I told him I understanded and told him I would try to see what I could do with the ticket I bought for him. The only thing they could do was give him a voucher for up to the price of the ticket, that was good for one year only. Even with the death of a family member there are no refunds, my nephew never used the voucher; so the company basically got a donation from me. Isn't life grand?
WVBOWAK

How to lose customers:

Call them irrelevant.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/0...rs-regarding-passenger-complaints-statistics/

The boss of Spirit Airlines isn't about to cave in to a dying former Marine, and he doesn't lose sleep knowing his company leads the industry when it comes to customer complaints, he told FoxNews.com.

?That's an irrelevant statistic,? Spirit CEO Ben Baldanza said when told his airline generates gripes at two-and-a-half times the rate of the next most complained about carrier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom