Special versus Not? New Wyoming Hunter.

S

SilkWWU

Hi guys, new to applying for wyoming this year, I'm a non resident out of washington. I've got my hunt figured out for the most part. Going to take three years to get both my pronghorn and deer in the same year. My question revolves around the difference between the special tags and the regular tags other then that they are twice as much. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hunting your state responsibly and respectfully.

Special draw typically has better odds which is what you pay the extra money for. You should review the drawing odds however because in some cases the special is not worth the extra money.

The tag is the same other than the price. In most areas the special tag offers better draw odds. For a non res. the tag split is 60% regular tag price and the other 40% are special price. In Wyoming there is a set number of tags that will go non res. So if your unit has 100 non res tags 60 will go in the regular pool and 40 in the special. Now from there 75% of each pool go to preference points and 25% to the open draw. So out of the 100 tags 45 tags go to the highest preference points and 15 general draw for the regular price, and 30 tags to preference points and 10 to the general draw for the special price. I hope this helps.

That's what I figured, just wanted some clarification. Its not worth it in the units I want to put in for. Now its just the waiting game. I wish I had the vacation to come scouting, so it will be google earth, maps, and phone calls to biologists ha.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom