Speaking of Respect

alp75

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-10 AT 05:06PM (MST)[p]I was out on the Wasatch this morning and got to an area where there were three bulls bugling in the meadow up ahead of me. I was planning on being up higher than the meadow by daylight so I sat down on the edge of the trail for close to 30 minute waiting for it to get light enough to see. The elk just kept going crazy in there. Just as it started to get light enough for me to see and move in a little closer three hunters (one with a le elk tag)came up the trail behind me. I talked with them for a moment or two and he asked if I had an LE tag. When I said yes he pretty much said well we'll back out and head around here so we don't screw you up. I thought this was super cool and wanted to say thanks one more time. I don't know whether or not the hunter will read this, but I appreciate the respect and courtesy. I hope you guys got into them....I know there was a bull going off where you were headed. Good luck on the rest of the hunt!

Edit:Grammar (Still could use some work :))

Cool deal! That has happened for me and I have done it for others. Wish people would post more of these and less bad experiences.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Cool deal! That has happened for
>me and I have done
>it for others. Wish people
>would post more of these
>and less bad experiences.
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Agreed. Always a lot of negative comments about other hunters' ethics and such. It's great to hear "common courtesy" isn't dead in the hills!

That is awesome. But I have a question, did you find a shooter? Or did you pass?

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

alp!

Please tell us where that was?
I think I'd like to hunt there!:D

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Alp, Sounds good but the fact that you seemed surprised, as if this doesn't happen this way at least most of the time, leaves me shaking my head over hunting in your state.

Joey

I had the Wasatch tag in 2006 and had several encounters like the one you describe. All but one guy bowed out and let me have at it. The other guy followed me around for 2 days. I think the majority of sportsman are just like the guys you described. It's nice to see those types of guys in the woods. They are the same people that will stop and give a hand packing an elk or changing a flat too.

It's always an adventure!!!

Seems like there are still a lot of good ppl out there, that still respect others. Glad to hear they were civil and went a different route. Hope you got or get a monster.

Thanks for the comments thus far. Main reason I made the post is to point out the "good" still out there.

And Jim your reputation precedes you, cause if I bumped into you on the mountain I think I'd follow you around for a couple days as well. :)

"Thanks for the comments thus far. Main reason I made the post is to point out the "good" still out there. "

That is exactly right. All it would take is two car burglars, 1000 cars, four hours, and a handful of burglary tools to instantly make hundreds of people feel less trusting of others. The reality would be there are just two car burglars.

Most people are pretty decent folks. The vermin of society just have a large reach and ripple effect with their antics.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Hell I would follow Jim too. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Ya i had this happen to me on the opening morning as we were following our buck. A guy and his kid im guessin came up behind us and i let them know we were on a buck and to not drop down in the ridge. They ended up stayin high and found somewhere else to hunt. Alot of good people out there

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom