Speaking of dog poop.....

feddoc

Long Time Member
I don't need no stinking compass.

http://www.livescience.com/42317-dog...tic-lines.html

January 03, 2014 04:12pm ET

Dog owners have observed some odd behaviors among their pets ? sniffing butts, eating garbage, giving unconditional love ? but one habit has probably escaped their attention: Dogs apparently prefer to poop while aligned with the north-south axis of the Earth's magnetic field. That's the surprising conclusion of an exhaustive study, conducted by German and Czech researchers, who spent two years watching 70 dogs while they defecated and urinated thousands of times. The scientists then compared the dogs' behavior and orientation with the geomagnetic conditions prevailing at the time.
The researchers found that the dogs preferred to poop when their bodies were aligned in a north-south direction, as determined by the geomagnetic field. (True north, which is determined by the position of the poles, is slightly different from magnetic north.)

How about it Wisz? When you sit on the pot, are you facing north/south? You might do better if you remodel so your toilet is aligned that way?

Eel

When I read the thread title "Speaking of dog poop" I figured it was about obama

And just think, those country's tax dollars paid for those studies! Maybe we can get Obama to study dog pooping habits in the US and see if they correlate!

But what we really need is a study on deer/elk to see how they poop.

That aside, it is an interesting finding

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Unfortunately, BESS, I have to use the outhouse at the home depot down on the other end of town. The single wide we've got just don't have the "toilet" capabilities.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I swear! When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about elkass.. dog sh!t it never sleeps!

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom