Speaking of court....

feddoc

Long Time Member
I have been asked to testify by the court in a trial as a witness for the prosecution. Pretty simple. Last week both the prosecutor and the defense were finishing up a jury trial.

I wanted to observe both just to get an idea of how each does their job.

What I saw in the waiting room was amazing. There were 23 people waiting for court (not the trial I was waiting for). Of those 23 I would bet 5 were still high. Nobody awaiting trial was dressed well. To be fair, there were no people with pending felonies.

Still, if Im going in front of a judge who has the power to give me the maximum fine or perhaps lower it, I would at least not: wear pants falling down near my butt cheeks, not show up high, wear dirty clothes, or fail to address the judge as 'your honor'.

I just dont understand people.

I have a good friend who gets called as an "expert witness" in court cases a lot, because of his line of work. He has stories that are amazing, of how people conduct themselves in court!!

It's Just a MONEY DEAL!

Pay a Small Fine!

Not Even Slap Their Hands!

And The Judge Know's He'll/She'll See Them again Soon!

About 30 years ago I had a kid working for me that got a DUI. He was a good kid, came from a family of alcoholics and was one himself. I went to his court hearing with him to see if I could get the judge to give him driving privileges for to and from work.
Long story short there was a guy sitting in the back with 4 or 5 young ladies (term used lightly). Judge called out this name.
He replied “yo man”
Judge: You refer to me as Judge or Sir
Man : what ever
Judge: you such and such
Man: ya, that’s what I said
Judge: Plaintiff arrest this man.
This dumbass showed up to court with his trashy women, gold chains and attitude, for a bunch of parking tickets he was summoned for. To stupid to think they would arrest him for the multiple warrants out on him for serious crimes he had committed. That is the intelligence of these people.

On my first trip to court, I saw a rather well endowed black girl show up for traffic court. She was very apparently braless.

The judge admonished her for her poor choice in clothing. And fined her the max permissable.

Same court, same judge, dude shows up for lack of insurance/registration on a speeding ticket. I think it was 15 - 20 over. He was wearing slightly faded, but pressed jeans, a clean pressed shirt, cleanly shaved and spoke to the judge with the words 'yes (or no) your honor'. He was given a small fine and a slight butt chewing.

Sorry, I meant Bailiff and he did arrest him. My point was how dumb and disrespectful some people are.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom