Southwest Desert Muzzleloader Elk

Blake_vandy

Greetings,
I drew the southwest desert LE muzzy elk tag. Haven’t spent much time in this unit before the rut and would love to find some places to take inventory of bulls. I do know most bulls migrate in during the muzzleloader season, but I’d love to go see what I can. Any insight would be helpful.

Also, any pictures from past hunters would be appreciated

I’m incapable of doing my own research so I use this for others to give me information when I draw coveted tags.
Most the time it’s just peckerheads like yourself sharing rude comments though.

Whatever I am doing must work?
370 bull off SW-DESERT 2 yrs ago.
SW-Desert.jpg

I can throw a couple great desert rams, more than a dozen more 6point or better bulls, mtn goat, 3 moose (1 book), 2 caribou (both book) 2 bison, 2 book antelope, bears, a shed full of whitetail, muleys and antelope and a partridge in a pear tree.

Whatever I am doing must work?
370 bull off SW-DESERT 2 yrs ago.View attachment 147430
I can throw a couple great desert rams, more than a dozen more 6point or better bulls, mtn goat, 3 moose (1 book), 2 caribou (both book) 2 bison, 2 book antelope, bears, a shed full of whitetail, muleys and antelope and a partridge in a pear tree.
That’s a giant bull congrats. It appears you’ve shot some critters in your day as have most people on here. I’m happy for you. I don’t understand why you like to stir the pot but I’m always happy to return the favor. I’ll take information from as many resources as possible. Ive guided and been successful on numerous big game hunts over the last 5 years. I’ve been fortunate enough to shoot some animals myself.
I take pride in self guided DIY but as I said earlier, I’ll use as many resources as possible.

I was being facetious. I’m plenty capable I was just trying to pick some brains and use as many recourses available as I can.

So I actually did share pictures and updates with the 2 people who messaged me and shared their knowledge. I simply didn’t add everything to the thread becuase I didn’t feel it was necessary.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom