Southwest Desert antelope help

T

TheElitehornhunter

We went hunting antelope Saturday on the Southwest desert Unit and only saw 4 antelope. Don't laugh but it's true. We went out west of Milford on the road that ends up over to Garrison. We took side roads along that road and drove down them quite a ways, but no luck. We also found water, but only 4 doe antelope. We also drove around Cricket Mountains and no antelope at all.

Where do most of the antelope hang out on this unit?

I would appreciate a little help

thanks in advance.

I thought you were the Elitehorn................
Ah,nevermind!
Sorry,I ain't no help in that area!
Antelope numbers are way down in this area as well!
I'm sure somebody will chime in with some info for you!
Good Luck!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-10 AT 04:39PM (MST)[p]You say the numbers are down which looks like your correct from my experience, but the DWR claims the number of antelope are up. Hmm

I didnt have a lot time to scout this year for antelope because of other tags so I guess Im out of the elite horn club, Bessy.

Hang in there Elite,somebody will chime in with help for you!

Rule number 1:
Never believe what the DWR boasts,I thought I already taught you that?:D

Rule number 2:
You'd get sympathy from me but you say you have other tags?GEEZUS,how many tags you got?

They haven't shot em all out yet but they're workin on it!

Again,Good Luck & We'll be waitin for pics!(Without an ATV in the background!:D)

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Well not any tags of my own, but I was helping my friend and brother scout for elk.

I don't know what your hunt boundary is, but I know I have seen speed goats in the Beryl Junction area, kind of between Enterprise and Cedar. Good luck.

Dax

If it was me I'd look around the area north of the Lund highway. I saw a shooter the other day but it was on the Pine Valley unit. I think the southwest unit is west of the tracks between Lund and Modena as well. Generally a couple of class goat heads in that area. Just stay with it you'll find them.

Slick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom